What Size Radiators For A Lian Li PC 011 Design?

Associate
Hey all,

I currently have the following setup:

Watercool Heatkiller IV CPU Block
Watercool Heatkiller 1080TI Block
Hardware Labs Black Ice 280MM
Hardware Labs Black Ice 140mm
XSPC Photon 270 with X4 Pump
Thermaltake Core P5

So I am looking at purchasing the above case from overclockers:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-midi-tower-black-window-ca-76s-ll.html

I am wanting to fit a 360 rad in the back / vertically, and one down bottom underneath the GPU with 120mm fans, while also mounting the XSPC photon on the vertically stacked radiator, how ever I have read about limitations on fan and radiator sizes in this case, could anyone please provide some guidance, I would ideally like this to be as quiet as possible with low rpm fans, while also providing good temps. What radiators would you guys recommend?

Additionally I have read that some GPU's can not be mounted horizontally with full cover blocks due to clearance issues, does anyone know if the heatkiller block will fit? I prefer it to horizontal layouts.

Thanks!

Soldato
I have the case too. Not sure who thought having the bottom radiator overlapping the pcie slots was a good idea. They should have just made the case taller. Luckily I only intend to run a top and vertical radiator so no issues for me.

Soldato
This is a shame. I have the O11 dynamic xl, and the manual also says 1 x120 mm, 2 x 120mm & 3 x 120mm. I was thinking of using the 3000 rpm 140mm Noctua IPCC industrial fans with my next radiator purchase.

Soldato
I have the case too. Not sure who thought having the bottom radiator overlapping the pcie slots was a good idea. They should have just made the case taller. Luckily I only intend to run a top and vertical radiator so no issues for me.
Yeah it's revised in the XL version, it's the only fault with that case really as when I build mine next month I wanted to put a radiator with fans at the bottom and also, a vertical GPU water cooled, however you can't fit both so, too late now as I have my water block etc and all my bits. However, it's fine I'll just work around it... wankted the smaller case anyway.

Soldato
Yeah it's revised in the XL version, it's the only fault with that case really as when I build mine next month I wanted to put a radiator with fans at the bottom and also, a vertical GPU water cooled, however you can't fit both so, too late now as I have my water block etc and all my bits. However, it's fine I'll just work around it... wankted the smaller case anyway.

Yes of course I'm now coming around to a distro plate and top and bottom radiators, although I don't really populate the PCIE slots other than the GPU which I'm happy to have horizontal.

Soldato
Yes of course I'm now coming around to a distro plate and top and bottom radiators, although I don't really populate the PCIE slots other than the GPU which I'm happy to have horizontal.
Same, although mine are populated with NMVe drives in both of the additional PCIE slots, but they're that small shouldn't be a probelm and just got rid of crossfire now so... i'm a 1 GPU kinda guy. Interesting we're all doing our builds similar with a similar case... be interesting to see how and what we all do... I'll be starting mine in around a week or two, dependant on when I get the case, got everything else.

Soldato
Same, although mine are populated with NMVe drives in both of the additional PCIE slots, but they're that small shouldn't be a probelm and just got rid of crossfire now so... i'm a 1 GPU kinda guy. Interesting we're all doing our builds similar with a similar case... be interesting to see how and what we all do... I'll be starting mine in around a week or two, dependant on when I get the case, got everything else.

I'll be interested to see how you get on. All my time and money is going on the garden at the moment so it'll be a while before I can tinker :)

Back
Top Bottom