What sorts of music do you listen to?

Man of Honour
A whole load of music, including but not limited to:

• Old vinyl records (Sinatra, Dusty Springfield (NOT GAY), Perry Como)
• Metal, although now I've passed my angsty teenage years it's losing it's appeal
• Nostalgia tracks from my youth
• Noisy, filthy electronic music (Atari Teenage Riot, DHR artists, Venetian Snares and some tech-step DnB)

I'm open to new genres, but the new pop craze of stagnant rehashing of old classics such as Tide is High, Suspicious Minds etc. fills my mind with murderous thoughts.

Associate
Originally posted by RichTheTitch
:cool:
Found them by complete chance too

Can you reccomend any other bands of the same genre?

Well it's not what I usually listen to but have a look for Sisters of Mercy and Cradle of Filth - they're a bit more modern and "aggressive" I suppose... :)

Fav songs by The 69 Eyes would be Dance D'Amour, Gothic Girl and Framed In Blood

Soldato
My favorite music is almost everything, minus classical (which is okish) and popular and manufatured crud

Anything from Cat Stevens to Cradle of Filth :)

Originally posted by TustinoAspria
Well it's not what I usually listen to but have a look for Sisters of Mercy and Cradle of Filth - they're a bit more modern and "aggressive" I suppose... :)

Fav songs by The 69 Eyes would be Dance D'Amour, Gothic Girl and Framed In Blood

also try, Dimmu Borgir, Slayer, Pantera, and opeth

Soldato
Romantic - the peroid (1820-1900), not what you're probably thinking :p. Mainly Tchaikovsky.
Big Band Jazz - Mainly Glenn Miller.
Older rock - The Beatles/Rolling Stones/Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin/Jimi Hendrix etc etc. And possibly not rock, but: Simon and Garfunkel.

I really don't see how people can stand listening to these bashing screeching, unmelodic 'super-hard' rock syles. Yuck. Rap and 'club' music are just as bad. The latter is repetitive, undynamic (leads it to being uninteresting) and mindless.

Hm. All the bands/people in my playlist (minus one offs):

Bob Dylan
The Beatles
Eric Clapton
Edward Elgar
George Gershwin
Glenn Miller
The Eagles
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Pink Floyd
Status Quo
Simon and Garfunkel
Tchaikovsky
The Rolling Stones
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band
The Jimi Hendrix Experiance
Guiseppe Verdi

Associate
Originally posted by chenko
My favorite music is almost everything, minus classical (which is okish) and popular and manufatured crud

Anything from Cat Stevens to Cradle of Filth :)

also try, Dimmu Borgir, Slayer, Pantera, and opeth

They aren't gothic though are they - just general metal... except maybe Opeth, but I can't say I've heard much of them.

Soldato
I DJ with trance, techno and I do the odd small old-skool hardcore set ;)

I listen to trance, techno, old skool, R&B, UK Garage (proper underground stuff is miles better), DnB, bit of alternative stuff... and anything which is a good production, I'll listen to.

The good non-commercial areas of dance music listed above are my audible loves though :)

Associate
(random beeps :confused: )

I used to hate dance/garage/drumnbass until I realised that random doesn't have nothing to do with it, once you figure this out I bet if you like music in general you will like some electronic types of music !

Dan

Back
Top Bottom