What spec will be needed for Crysis?

easy, you need a "Vista Capable PC"

A modern processor (at least 800MHz¹).
512 MB of system memory.
A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

and here's a screenshot of what it will look like....

..O
.\|/
..|
./.\
=======

:p

Altough assuming is allways a bad thing im going to anyway

I assume the system spec to play crysis with all bells and wistles at a nice rez (1600x1200 or above) will be a bone rattling system sukka so start counting your pennies now ;)

Emlyn_Dewar said:
Could do with some AA though, jaggies everywhere.

yep, it's possible to turn AA on

cy1kg4.gif

the framerate drops quite dramatically though...

Well if you expecting to run it at 1680x1050 or 1600x1200 or above with high detial., im thinking 2gb - 4gb of ram, a GTX (or Ati R600), and an overclocked conroe.

But its so far away, most probably 2008 so it could require quad core, 8900GTX and 4gb of ram for max with AA and AF and HDR at 1900x1200.

It makes no sense whatsoever for game developers to release games that can only be played on stupidly high speced pcs. The majority of joe public, do not have massively high speced machines. It just wouldnt make any sense, it wouldnt sell and at the end of the day, its about making money.

tomanders91 said:
Well if you expecting to run it at 1680x1050 or 1600x1200 or above with high detial., im thinking 2gb - 4gb of ram, a GTX (or Ati R600), and an overclocked conroe.

But its so far away, most probably 2008 so it could require quad core, 8900GTX and 4gb of ram for max with AA and AF and HDR at 1900x1200.

Pure facts... all of it!!

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8GHz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768MB/1GB on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DirectX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements:

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DirectX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5GB
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DirectX10 with Windows Vista

4gb lol

It wont need more then 2gb ram unless its bloatware

Whats the min res it will run at because that will determine the min spec needed to run I think.
BF2 requires quite a nice machine to look the way it does but it can also run on any old athlon with a radeon 8500, half a gig of ram and it will still get 30fps. I know because Ive topped score boards on such a rig, of course it looked quite poor but it played fine
The same is true for the original farcry, it will run on a geforce 4 440mx.

On the cpu side, I expect anyone with a dual core will be fine and probably others too even with its advanced physics.

They want to make money so the game will work on as wide an audience as possible

System requirements on the ea site just say dvd drive

Last edited:
Personally minimum specs never tell the true story. It all depends on how optimized the code is. Let's hope it doesn't turn out like Gothic 3. :rolleyes:

see my sig - i think that ill be able to play at full eye candy on 1920 x 1200 with a average of 40-60fps... thats a guess.

so a mic spec gameing rig should do fine.

ags

Back
Top Bottom