What speed should I run my pump at?

Associate
As always, experiment a little. I run mine at 4K rpm since I can't hear it at that speed. Haven't really noticed much of a difference in temps from 2K to 4K rpm.

Associate
Speed is a great thing. ;)

Oh right pumps, yes sorry.
"In the middle" is my technical term for it, you need enough pressure to push through but also high rpm means waste heat from a fast spinning pump being dumped into your loop.

There is no magic number just have a play and see what suits you.

Associate
The way i understand it is you need fast flow over your blocks to remove as much heat as poss but slow in rad transition time to dissipate that heat into your room. but you have to take into account noise, vibration, loop size, and a lot of other factors.
experiment and see what suits you best. tbh a degree or two doesn't really seem to matter that much in normal use. you just have to get the heat out of your room or everything will heat up in anycase.
the bigger the loop the more headroom the bigger the box (room) the more headroom to play with. the quicker you get the heat out of your room the more headroom to play with,

Associate
Ran mine at 100% to get the air bubbles out initially and now running about 40%. Think I have it set to run at 60% when temps get to 60c but have never seen temps above 50c

Associate
I experiment with my builds to see what is best, but ultimately it makes very little difference and often makes no difference what at all (literally 0 difference in my current build). I have mine running at 25% at the moment becuase that was the point that I could no longer here it :p

I'd recommend just finding speed at which you can no longer here it and then running it at that.

Soldato
Mine is at 1800, virtually inaudible (Alphacool VPP-655). As suggested above, I always run at 100% for 48 hours or so to get rid of bubbles etc. as that's very effective. Temp wise it makes virtually no difference though, as I find in any build, so no reason to have it running high at all (other than the initial air/bubble clear out). A big reason for going water is silence, so utterly defeats the purpose to have it maxed out and audible when the temp difference is negligible. It's possible in some crazy high restriction loop you would benefit from a higher RPM, but I've yet to come across a build that noticeably benefits from that.

Back
Top Bottom