What TFTs do 1:1 scaling...?

Caporegime
Philips 20" 200W6CS does too.

1117dp.jpg

Associate
Raymond Lin said:
Not all TFT does it, the Belinea doesn't, my 17" Acer don't.

You can tell when you select a lower res in windows and the desktop still fill the screen when it's not supposed to.

But thats an option you need to tick in the display properties to disable scaling. Its the graphics card that does it. I've got the option on my x800xtpe and I'm certain nvidia have the option if not in their control panel, then a third party proggy such as rivatuner, power strip would offer it...

Associate
with the belinea and ati drivers, the driver scaling options only seem to effect non standard modes. for instance 640x480 800x600 1024x768 will all be upscaled regardless of driver setting, but modes such as 720x480 will be left 1:1 in centre (if driver is set to do that) But there seems to be another condition that needs to be met to make it work. fullscreen option in dscaler will acknowledge the driver setting, but windows it self wont. Havent tested much software because im actually quite happy to let the monitor upscale it self as it looks great. playing a game, you may not even think that 1024x was non native. In contrast i previously had a hyundai L90D, and this had really bad scalling making only its native mode usable.

Back
Top Bottom