What time does you post come?

Caporegime
I
saying it's funny that people rate the service on what time the postman passes their house.

+1

how can some people not understand this ?

It's this scenario I'm talking about:

utajoker said:
between 12:30 and 1, it used to come before 7am.

In this case, it's a valid way to rate your postal service, as no way can this change be down to you being at the end of the round instead of the beginning.

How can "andy" not understand this?! I could guess but I might be suspended.

Associate
At home - about 10:00

In the office - about 12:30 most days or about 10:30 on the regular postman's day off. I think the spare postie must go the other way round the industrial estate.

Soldato
Because I used to get mail before 8am in this VERY same house 13 years ago, now I get it "at some point".

So since I haven't moved, it shows that the service has gone down.

Because there are not two delveries anymore and there have not been for years there is only one and if it is a special delivery for 1pm that a postie will not make then a driver will take it out.

The money to be made is not the same as before but the general public are oblivious and cant understad this simple fact.

Almost all of these moaning people have no idea at all what is going on and how the postal system works.

Soldato
No, but some days it would be nice if they came at all.

Do you remember the days when there were two deliveries a day? Ha, imagine that...

Maybe you never had mail because you never had any mail posted for you?.

Yes but Royal Mail can't afford that anymore.

My sorting office is run really bad since when i go in at 0915 in the morning i should have all my mail ready in the frame and ready for me to put mail in the bags but quite often there is nothing in the frame and i have to do it myself.

I think the place i work is one of the worst in the country, i can't see other people waiting for over an hour for just to get a lift out.

Not just but instead of dropping me off and then dropping all the mail bags in the drop boxes they drop every person out along with the bags first and that is not something they are meant to do.

Sometimes it can take 45 mins just in the van after taking over an hour to get a lift out.

I'm really ****ed off with it so when i go back after my weeks holiday on monday and it is not ready for me to take out i'm just going to leave some mail in like i have done a few times before.

Soldato
It's this scenario I'm talking about:

In this case, it's a valid way to rate your postal service, as no way can this change be down to you being at the end of the round instead of the beginning.

How can "andy" not understand this?! I could guess but I might be suspended.

Well what if in your postcode or estate (or however they divide it up) there was 7 rounds. The volume of post was too much so to avoid items being delayed untill the next day and to provide a better service, they scrap those 7 rounds and replace them with 9 smaller rounds. Before, you were at the start of round 5. Now you're at the end of round 2.

It's a case of someone only seeing what's infront of them. Imagine someone goes to catch a bus at 10am and the bus arrives at the bus stop at 10:15am. This bus only runs once every 2 hours but the time suits them (10:15, 12:15, 14:15 etc). The bus company then change the once every 2 hours to once an hour. They double the bus service. The same person then goes to catch the same bus at 10am but it doesn't arrive untill 10:40am. (10:40, 11:40, 12:40 etc)

So the service is twice as good but someone will moan.

Last edited:
Soldato
i spoke to my postie and he told me he is now doing 4 rounds instead of the 2 he used to hence why my mail comes later in the day as i am number 3.

There is no real saving to be made from that though

Having 1 person work for 4 hours or 2 people each work for 2 hours costs more or less the same

Permabanned
A couple of years ago it always used to be before 9, now it's after 11, despite having the same postie. He's not allowed to start early and finish early anymore or something.

Soldato
i spoke to my postie and he told me he is now doing 4 rounds instead of the 2 he used to hence why my mail comes later in the day as i am number 3.

Four rounds?, he must be desperate and it should take him at least well over twelve hours a day (probably more) for that so i wouldnt like to be him.

Strange.. i wonder why he is doing four persons rounds.

Soldato
Anywhere between 0800 and 1430 here : we haven't had a permanent postie for the best part of 18 months and so it's near impossible to accurately predict a delivery time.

Back
Top Bottom