1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with a load of eggs

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by cheesefest, 13 Oct 2021.

1. amigafan2003

Perma Banned

I freeze eggs all the time, especially if I want to take them camping. Whisk them up, freeze in large ice cube trays, then pop out however many you want into a zip lock bag ready for scrambled egg (or a McDonlads style egg muffin) while out on the hills. As they are frozen, you don't have to worry about keeping them refrigerated, at least not overnight.

2. Maundie

Mobster

I'd boil a load of them, boiled eggs still in their shells last a couple of weeks in the fridge I've found

3. jpaul

Capodecina

I be buying freeze dried eggs for camping ..... maybe these are good for baking too, it seems £10/kg. , defrosted egss sounds an anathema.

Was going to opt for quiche - but that is baking ? Sausage toad, or aforementioned spanish omelette/fritata option;
    eggs nearing use by date don't make good scrambled, or plain omelettes for me, and the organic one taste nicer, if I push the boat out.

4. Lyla77

Associate

French Toast

5. pioneer2000

Soldato

Human - chicken hybrid experiment?

6. DrToffnar

Mobster

If we ever have an excess then I'll usually make a big frittata or a bunch of Ramen eggs, the latter being my favorite option :)

7. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

Huevos rancheros. Large.

8. joey1211

Mobster

Century eggs?

9. Jay85

Sgarrista

Was gonna say this, you could literally make a bin full of egg fried rice and just nibble on it over the next week :cry:.

10. Jay85

Sgarrista

I've had these before and they go well with congee... defo an acquired taste.... the smell alone would put alot of people off lol.

11. joey1211

Mobster

After seeing reactions on youtube, you wouldn't catch me in the same room as the things let alone trying one. If the op does go for this, posting a tasting vid on here would be mandatory! :D