What to replace my Model O with?

Man of Honour
My Model O is playing up. It's an early original model so most likely the cable is at fault. It seems fine in normal use but in fast FPS it frequently stops allowing me to turn and sometimes registers ghost right clicks.

Is it worth trying a new cable? New cable is too expensive to consider. What other mice should I look at? I like the shape and weight, perhaps the smaller version would fit my hands better. But what else should I consider? Thanks.

EDIT: Definitely the cable. I wrapped a small amount of tape around where the cable goes into the mouse. Just enough to give it additonal support during fast movements and the issue has gone away. But no doubt it will be back after a short time when it weakens further.

Last edited:
Associate
If you message glorious with evidence they can send a cable out free of charge. Additionally the wireless version is available in a week or so.

Man of Honour
OP
Doubt you'll get a better mouse for the £15 it costs to buy the cable.

Though £15 is pretty egregious for a cable so I can see why you'd not want to buy one.
I've actually fixed it with a bit of tape. I'll see how long this lasts :)

It's not just the cable but also the skates. They have to be removed to open the mouse to fit the cable. So you need new skates at around £20 too. So the total cost to fix it is about £35. It's just not worth it.

Soldato
I've actually fixed it with a bit of tape. I'll see how long this lasts :)

It's not just the cable but also the skates. They have to be removed to open the mouse to fit the cable. So you need new skates at around £20 too. So the total cost to fix it is about £35. It's just not worth it.
I've taken apart my Model O numerous times, you can re use the skates just fine as long as you are gentle. They are much stronger than the skates on previous Zowie and SteelSeries mice. I use my fingernail but a thin plastic shim like a guitar plectrum would also work.

Man of Honour
OP
I've taken apart my Model O numerous times, you can re use the skates just fine as long as you are gentle. They are much stronger than the skates on previous Zowie and SteelSeries mice. I use my fingernail but a thin plastic shim like a guitar plectrum would also work.
Thanks.

Associate

Dental floss would probably work

Back
Top Bottom