What to text your mate on the day her mates funeral

Permabanned
Is it too late for a small bunch of flowers or something with a "sorry for your sad news" type message?

It might be better to say nothing at all than say the wrong thing?

Man of Honour
kitten_caboodle said:
Ok, I probably wouldn't want to talk to anyone. I'd rather someone said what they wanted it a text than sat there not knowing what to say and making us both uncomfortable. :)
If it were upto me I probably wouldn't want contacting before the funeral, maybe later on though. Don't think I'd mind how. Card, phonecall....I probably wouldn't even see a text for a week :D

But being a bloke, flowers would be out of the question :p

Associate
I say text, I doubt he will want a phone call, at least before the service. Just say thinking off you.

Gage his reation to the text, no reply mean thanks, but I don't want to talk right now. A reply, well depends what he says.

Associate
Umm dont text anything. Texts are rubbish for anything other than "see ya at the pub? 7?" for example.

Wait till you see the person, that way its a lot more personal.

Permabanned
Furton said:
A mate in work who I'm pretty close to has recently lost a mate to a car crash and I can't be at the funeral but want to send her a supportive text on the day of the funeral, but can't think of anything that doesn't cheesy. Any ideas?

Importantly: do you want to get in her knickers?

*n

Associate
Prob disagreeing with everyone here, but I would appreciate a text message more - they're likely to be pretty upset. My granddad died recently, and rather than calling up on what was an emotional day, a close friend sent me a message that evening to say that he hoped that everything had gone alright. Was far more appreciated.

edit: d'oh. mental note not to type so quickly, and full marks to penski for spotting my blonde moment!

Last edited:
Permabanned
oxist258 said:
My granddad died recently, and rather than calling up on what was an emotional day, he sent me a message that evening to say that he hoped that everything had gone alright. Was far more appreciated.

Forgive me for being candid but...your dead grandfather sent you a text message?

*n

Back
Top Bottom