what to upgrade first?

Associate
Should I upgrade my monitors from 1080p?
Should my CPU be okay, its only a year old to me, from a friend that's had it a few years?
What about my graphics?
I do play the latest games.
I do also run a Oculus Rift VR Headset.
Specs of pc are in my signature.

Soldato
I'm on mobile so maybe not seeing your full sig but there is no GPU information there. What card do you have?

You say monitors do you play on multiple or just one and use the others as a second screen

Associate
OP
I run a nvidia 970 Card

I do run triple monitors for some games, like racing ones, and also use them for multitasking in windows most time.
My monitor's are Benq G2420HDBL running through 2x dvi's and 3rd dvi/displayport.

Soldato
GPU then definitely. If you upgrade your monitors you are just going to have to get an even faster more expensive GPU.

What's your budget?

Buying new the AMD Vega cards offer the best value if you stick with Nvidia you are looking at getting an rtx 2070 or higher.

Second hand Nvidia 1070 or above is a decent upgrade but obviously won't last you as long.

Your CPU probably has a fair bit of overclocking headroom in it too if you have a decent cooler on it.

Your RAM is also slow in your signature, this is something that will only show in certain situations but might be worth looking if it's actually rated for higher speeds and you just need to enable the xmp profile in bios

Associate
like others have said GPU first, if you want to game at 1440p 144hz then a 1080ti or 2080 is perfect and you shouldn't get any bottlenecking from your CPU

Back
Top Bottom