1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, Jan 27, 2015.

1. FlyingScotsman

Wise Guy

Started The Society today, done 3 episodes quite good so far, thinking Lord of the Flies and Under the Dome kind of cross. Has potential.

2. AHarvey

Sgarrista

I've just finished it.

Loved every second of it. Normally I'm bored by season 3 or 4 when binge watching a series but not with Grimm.

Loved the characters, development of them and their relationships. The acting was great.

I'm really going to miss watching it.

I am gutted I never got to see the triplets.

10/10 for me.

3. mid_gen

Sgarrista

His Dark Materials episode 1 was very good. I read the books back when they first came out, and was disappointed the film version was so....not great. A series will do the story much more justice.

Casting is good, McAvoy is perfect as Asriel. High hopes for the rest of the series...

4. Converge

Mobster

They said there’s not going to be anymore of them. Only a special here or there. Hence Clarkson and co being in tears at the end. Or has there been a change since?

edit: Appears they’re classing a few specials as series 4 and that’s the format now. No live audience.

5. melmac

Soldato

There was a change at the very end of that episode you are talking about. They do the flash back, then they ask the audience do you want more and the audience goes yes. So they said there would be a season 4. No tent, but, they didn't do much in the Tent in Season 3 anyway so it's not much of a loss, and no audience. Will be interested to see how the new format works.

6. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Finished series 1 of Daybreak which I enjoyed. Just finished series 3 of Atypical which I also enjoyed.

7. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

Started Knightfall - rekindling my interest in the Crusades and Templars from years back.

8. lee1101

Wise Guy

Just finished season 2 of the end of the f****n world. I thought it was brilliant, even better than the first season. Some proper belly laugh moments as well!

9. FlyingScotsman

Wise Guy

Looking forward to this when i get home ,loved the first season.

10. hood1971

Wise Guy

Started The Young Offenders based on friends recommendations. It is seriously funny, binged through S1 which I regret as went to quick.
    How Derry Girls is raved about and this overlooked is beyong me.

11. Reality|Bites

Soldato

go watch the movie that came out first ;)

12. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Started watching Utopia which is brutally good.

13. hyperseven

Soldato

Dinosaucers and Batman TAS at the moment.

14. aoaaron

Wise Guy

Watching Peaky Blinders. Season 1 episodes 1-5 were a bit meh.. then from episode 6 onwards the quality of the show has just astronomically improved. Really really awesome show.

15. Yadda

Wise Guy

Tourist Trap (BBC Wales & iPlayer).

Welsh self deprecation at it's finest and one of the funniest shows I've seen for a while. A must see for Welsh comedy fans.

16. MoRT489

Soldato

Enjoyed the first couple of episodes of Daybreak on Netflix. Video Game High School meets TWD.

17. FlyingScotsman

Wise Guy

Binged through 5 episodes of Van Helsing season 4 last night, pretty decent if you like the whole vampire/zombie genre. Usual over the top gore etc.

18. Rroff

Man of Honour

Have to say from the books I pictured Asriel more kind of like Cliff Simon - McAvoy gets one side of the character very well but doesn't quite nail the good/bad guy mixture or the regal aspect.

19. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Randomly put Another Life on Netflix last night. Turned it off after 5 minutes, I know VFX doth not a series make, but it was so, so bad and the early dialogue so poor....nope.

20. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Halfway through the second, and final, series of Utopia and it’s excellent. If I were in that situation I’d actually agree with what the “bad guys” are doing.