What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
[More Controversy]
Just finished The Mandalorian S1 and I think I can only go with 5.5/10.

I seem to be very much in the minority in thinking this isn't actually a very good TV show. IMDb currently has it at 8.9 out of 10 from almost 85,000 votes, but Ep 8 there's some really pretty silly plot stuff going on.

The robot has been charged with looking after Baby Yoda as it's only priority... so it flies Baby Yoda back to the army of soldiers who's only purpose is to capture Baby Yoda?! Really?!

Then... "My only objective is to look after Baby Yoda. Here, lady I have never met before, you look after Baby Yoda and I'll stay with the Mandalorian" What?! Very poor IMO.

I think, having watched 'The Rise of Skywalker' this week too, that Disney is in fact simplifying these things and aiming them at kids.
[/More Controversy]

Soldato
Just finished Criminal (UK) on Netflix, a short series of three police interrogations set only in the interrogation room. It was OK, first one was best.

There are also three other series using the same set in French, German and Spanish if you are interested.

Caporegime
Any Fauda watchers here (pretty decent show about the Israeli v Palestinian conflict)? I need to get started on season 2 but season 3 just aired in Israel and should be on Netflix later this year.

Associate
Mr Robot, can’t believe I’ve not started watching this before. I’d worked out season one but just had a big plot twist in 2...wow!

Associate
True Detective - just finished series one, was pretty amazing once you got used to the southern drawl. Some stand out scenes.

Great, now stop and don’t touch season 2 & 3. Season 2 is an absolutely confused, over complicated mess of dreadful story-telling. Season 1 is a masterpiece that stands miles above 2&3.

Soldato
'Wisting' a Scandi police series. I came in about half way through episode 4 last night and bumped into a scene which quickly engaged me but somewhat spoiled the previous three episodes, which I got up early today to watch.

It's not perfect. There are a few plot ideas which are a bit too convenient for the story, but I'm caught up in it now. Next episode isn't until next Saturday on BBC4. Not sure how long the earlier episodes will be on iPlayer.

PS. I second the above advice on True Detective. I watched the others, but season 1 is a standalone masterpiece.

Caporegime
Great, now stop and don’t touch season 2 & 3. Season 2 is an absolutely confused, over complicated mess of dreadful story-telling. Season 1 is a masterpiece that stands miles above 2&3.

this in a nutshell. Matthew McConaughey really carried the first season. if you liked this watch hannibal brilliant all the way through. same sorta vibe and really brilliant visually. its a shame many people skip it. really is a work of art. clever scripting. great acting.

Back
Top Bottom