What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Just finished How I met your mother. Really enjoyed it although the last couple of seasons were not the greatest. I found Lily really annoying towards the end....

Now going to have a watch of The Mandalorian see what all the fuss is about. Only two episodes on Disney though....

Need something else to binge after Big Bang and HIMYM I’m at a loss for something similar.

Caporegime
Just finished How I met your mother. Really enjoyed it although the last couple of seasons were not the greatest. I found Lily really annoying towards the end....

Now going to have a watch of The Mandalorian see what all the fuss is about. Only two episodes on Disney though....

Need something else to binge after Big Bang and HIMYM I’m at a loss for something similar.

Sitcoms are pretty thin at the moment, the only ones we watch are Family Guy, Brooklyn Nine Nine and Modern Family.

Soldato
NCIS

Started watching this a few weeks ago on Amazon Prime. I am in the middle of Season 4 and I still haven't made up my mind about it. The first two seasons were brilliant. There was great chemistry between the actors, and the humour just worked. Since Agent Todd left the show at the end of Season 2 I keep swinging between liking the show and been annoyed by the show. Is it supposed to be a serious show or is it like Brooklyn Nine Nine?? The show seems to spend a lot of time poking fun at itself and other similar shows.

I am on Episode 11 in Season 4. The last few episodes have been pretty good. It's not the worst way to spend my lockdown time.

Soldato
Slogged through the rest of Vikings which has got pretty poor of late.

Brooklyn 99 is ok for an occasional watch...it's just very very....American sitcom, seems like the same gags about the same characters over and over again.

Started catching up on Homeland, S7 we're on. Another series that's not anywhere near as good as the earlier seasons.

Associate
Castle Rock S2 - light years better than the snorefest that was S1. A must for any Stephen King fans - lots of callbacks and easter eggs throughout. Don't think I've seen Lizzie Kaplan in anything but she was bloody brilliant as the main character who shall not be named for spoilers.

Ozark S3. Superb! Didn't think they could wring much more out of it after the bloodbath of characters in S2. Was wrong.

Associate
Castle Rock S2 - light years better than the snorefest that was S1. A must for any Stephen King fans - lots of callbacks and easter eggs throughout. Don't think I've seen Lizzie Kaplan in anything but she was bloody brilliant as the main character who shall not be named for spoilers.

That "full circle" moment with the kid changed my entire opinion of season 2. It was great! Also, that final scene..

I believe Lizzie Kaplan was the FBI agent in The Interview. How's that for world apart!

She is amazing in Castle Rock!

Soldato
Having finshed You S2 I was looking for what was next, almost started Ozark as a friend just started and said he was quite enjoying it, but actually started Sneaky Pete, just 1 ep in, seemed pretty good.

Soldato

I quite enjoyed the show "Love" on Netflix. Co-written by one of the leads Paul Rust and the rather sharp Judd Apatow. Also stars Gillian Jacobs from Community.

Essentially hot girl is tired of getting treated like dirt by her regular type decides to try spending time with nice guy / slightly geeky Rust, whom fate throws her together with in first ep.

It takes a few eps to establish characters and there's some really wonderful supporting characters. There is a good mix of pathos and dry humour. 3 seasons and all wrapped up. Nice little gem and probably the only time Netflix suggestion happily surprised me.

Soldato
The Tiger King (Docu, Netlfix)

Binged the seven episodes and was just mesmerising :eek: Filled with WTF moments.

A zoo owner spirals out of control amid a cast of eccentric characters in this true murder-for-hire story from the underworld of big cat breeding.

Back
Top Bottom