What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I rewatched that recently and it is ace. The rewatch helped me pick up on bits I didn’t understand or properly pay attention to the first time! The third season is brilliant too. Second isn’t so bad if you go in expecting it to be **** :)

I heard that 1 was awesome, 2 is good and 3 is awesome. Overall seems like a good show to watch :)

So far season 1 is awesome as expected!

Soldato
Although I’d seen them all before, I’ve started watching “The Vietnam War” again, the Ken Burns 10 part documentary on America’s involvement in S.E. Asia on PBS.

yes it's poignant , the personalisation/intimacy it has, compared to world at war, exploration of soldiers motivation; age of them too, given how young some still looked in 2007+,
haven't seen similar interviews of ww2 soldiers, ... the M16 weapons that jammed.

Associate
Just got around to binging the second season of the Mandalorian... what a show... one of the few TV shows I sit there and watch, full attention, no messing around on the internet, no playing games, just 100% into it.

Soldato
Binged all of White House Farm yesterday. Tragic story but thought the program was done well.

Just started The Serpent tonight. I dont
know the story but I tend to prefer it that way. Only a little way into episode 1 but there are a couple of characters who's accents seem to drop a bit, not sure if anyone else found that?

Soldato
Just finished latest series of Peaky Blinders. Great as always and ready for the final season now.

So just started watching the Crown. Wouldn't normally be my thing but I have heard only positive comments about it, even from others who I wouldn't expect to like it. 2 episodes in and pretty good so far.

Man of Honour
Travelers. 4 episodes in and its ..........ok.

I think you have to be into the whole concept to fully enjoy the show - on its own merits it is just OK.

Binged all of White House Farm yesterday. Tragic story but thought the program was done well.

I thought it was going to be rubbish but it was quite well done with solid acting and holds the story well. Also someone really took their time on the room design. Although a few aspects felt like they'd cut the scenes introducing certain sides of a character, etc. (or I somehow missed it).

Soldato
Made it to Season 5 of Vikings and must admit, it does start to wander a bit following
the deaths of Ragnar and Ecbert at the end of S4.

Lots of new characters and diverse storylines being introduced; Ivar is extremely irritating to say the least.

Soldato
I recently picked up Suits, two seasons in and I'm struggling with it a bit. I either end up loving a character or just outright hating them. Half the reason I'm going to give season 3 a go is due to Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt, I also really like Sarah Rafferty as Donna.

Maybe things will improve with season 3, I can see why the show is highly rated but I'm not sure if it's for me. I'd love to see a Louis Litt spin off of some sort though, he's the heart of the show.

Man of Honour
Travelers. 4 episodes in and its ..........ok.

I was unfamiliar with this, so I Googled it, thinking that surely no one would write a series based on filthy scofflaws, who park their caravans where they like, and leave mountains of garbage behind when they eventually move on.
Wrong! It was even worse, some science fiction merde about time travel.
I’ll stick to Nordic noir, or “The Twelve”, a Belgian jury trial in Flemish, with subtitles.
Each to their own I guess.

Soldato
I recently picked up Suits, two seasons in and I'm struggling with it a bit. I either end up loving a character or just outright hating them. Half the reason I'm going to give season 3 a go is due to Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt, I also really like Sarah Rafferty as Donna.

Maybe things will improve with season 3, I can see why the show is highly rated but I'm not sure if it's for me. I'd love to see a Louis Litt spin off of some sort though, he's the heart of the show.
I was quite religious with watching Suits but then it got to season 4 and I became more interested in other shows. I have tried to go back to it a few times recently but currently I find it's not holding my interest enough for me to binge it (even with the gorgeous Gabriel Macht :o)

Finished all of The Serpent today. Found it addictive to watch and thought it was really good, especially for the fact that each episode is an hour long and normally I get to 40 mins or so and start to get a bit bored. Crazy how much he got away with. Definitely recommend it if anyone hasn't watched it already.

I also watched the vanishing at Cecil hotel the other day. Such a tragic story but worth a watch.
Also, really gross when they reveal about the tap water. As soon as they said it was coming out brown and had no pressure, I guessed the outcome :(
I dont know if the English couple were in shock still but the way the wife was describing it to the press outside the hotel was rather 'calm' imo. If it were me I dont think I would have been able to talk about it without wanting to dry heave. Especially as they said they had drank it :(

I know I'm late to the party but have just started Outlander tonight, 2 episodes in but I'm already looking forward to watching more tomorrow :D

Back
Top Bottom