What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Started The Shield last night, whilst only 2 episodes in, I hated the main character (don't want to say who as it may spoil for others) and the acting was well, cliched and ropey.

Does it settle down and worth the long haul of seven series? The acting seemed pretty bad for the pilot and second episode.

Soldato
Started The Shield last night, whilst only 2 episodes in, I hated the main character (don't want to say who as it may spoil for others) and the acting was well, cliched and ropey.

Does it settle down and worth the long haul of seven series? The acting seemed pretty bad for the pilot and second episode.

That's the charm with Vic Mackey - you hate him, but you love him! Chiklis is awesome in this.

And The Shield IS worth the long haul, imo anyway. One of the best shows ever.

Soldato
Just started a rewatch of 'Rome' (BBC/HBO) and it's damned good. I only ever saw the first series when it was originally released (not looking up when as that'll make me feel even older) so going to work through it all.
Forgot how much female full frontal nudity there is, even in just the first episode. Also, you can really see some influences that carried straight through to 'Spartacus'.

Soldato
Finished S3 of Banshee and 1 episode of S4.

Holy crap S3 was brutal, bewbs have started to dwindle :( However, it was always a little unbelievable, but S3 verged on eye rolling terrority at times (and also a little too convenient!).

Soldato
2nd episode of The Nevers on HBO, still really good!

Laughed at the poshest threat ever, "I must warn you, I play a lot of squash."

I also might be a little bit in love with Penance.

Yeah, it is a cracking show. I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as good as it is. Have to say though, the ratio of babe to characters is off the scale. It's Mary for me, sheer perfection incarnate.

Soldato
There's a bunch of shows I'm now up to date with and just watching as they release each show - The Rookie, For All Mankind, The Blacklist, Line of Duty, New Amsterdam, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so I've started on Marcella as the show to watch when there's not a new ep of these to watch.

Soldato
That's the charm with Vic Mackey - you hate him, but you love him! Chiklis is awesome in this.

And The Shield IS worth the long haul, imo anyway. One of the best shows ever.
I finished it last night after watching for the first time. I loved everything about it and the whole cast were fantastic. It's up there with my all time favourites. :cool:

Soldato
...so I've started on Marcella as the show to watch when there's not a new ep of these to watch.

Let me know how you get on with Marcella. As mentioned last week, I really rate the show, however I find Anna Friel unlikeable in anything she does so I had to power through that in the first few episodes. Also in this her character is deliberately abrasive so was a double hit of 'yeah, don't like her' :D

Soldato
Just started a rewatch of 'Rome' (BBC/HBO) and it's damned good. I only ever saw the first series when it was originally released (not looking up when as that'll make me feel even older) so going to work through it all.
Forgot how much female full frontal nudity there is, even in just the first episode. Also, you can really see some influences that carried straight through to 'Spartacus'.

Rome is fantastic, a real shame it was cancelled after two seasons. It was really hitting its stride. I thought the two lead characters were great, had a good dynamic.

Back
Top Bottom