What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Finished watching

Just started to watch All of Us Are Dead.

We have 2 episodes left to go! Really enjoying it.

Because it's a series, there is time to delve into the characters, although at times there is a lot cameras in faces to catch emotion and lots of tears and talking - we even had 20mins devoted to toilet habits....................but very good show, hopefully the ending will be worth it.

Soldato
Jean-Yuhs about Kanye West

I'm not Kanye's biggest fan and only like some of his stuff and mostly like his collaborations with other artists but I thought I would give this a go and it turned out to be interesting I think based on the fact he is the subject of many internet memes and always seemed to be portrayed as a bit of a male Diva however this documentary filmed by his friend through is early career shows why he's like that and how hard he worked to get to where he is.

Loads of other famous rappers from the earlier noughties in there that he brushed shoulders with regularly, you can feel the frustration where he is so close but so far

Only three episodes but pretty long and the third and last isn't out until next week, looking forward to the last one which I hope covers him during his fame and some of the stuff that portrayed him in the way the media did and why.

Man of Honour
Stick a fork in me, I’m done, but I downloaded the 6? episodes of “Abby’s” on Peacock and watched them all.
It’s so lightweight it could float away, but it hit my funny bone, it’s about a young woman who illegally opens a bar in the back yard of her rented house in L.A.
Her customers feature Neil Flynn, (the janitor in Scrubs), he also starred in “The Middle”, and some great character actors as bar workers and customers.
Having spent a lot of time across the pond, I appreciate the U.S. political gags and references, and I really, really, hope that a second season is commissioned.

Soldato
Finished Space Force on Netflix. It's no masterpiece, but it's reasonably entertaining I guess.

I have Space Force S2 ready to watch - worth it? I enjoyed the first season.

Finally finished Doom Patrol. S1 - awesome, S2 - started to drag and S3 - the Sisterhood of Dada and the dance of the Eternal Flagellation talk/dancing was total cringe, but the story behind this eventually got entertaining. S3 definitely lost it's way, but by the final few episodes i was back to enjoying the crazy - the puppets and baby killer were hilarious.

All of us are Dead - 7.5/10. Very good Korean zombie survival horror, with a couple of twists.

Associate
Yorkshire Ripper: The Secret Murders

Documentary in 2 parts which doesn't paint the police investigation into Peter Sutcliffe's activities very good. It was noted none of the police authorities involved had commented or interviewed. But in the face of evidence (I'm guessing not all was revealed in the programme) 3 miscarriages of justice against the 3 men was heartbreaking. Certainly was an interesting watch.

Associate
Finished watching All of Us Are Dead. It did a good job at showing the emotion side of things of the situation they were in. Has a few puns (culture related am guessing) which was interesting. This TV show reminds me of the film call Alive which has a somewhat similar emotion driven plot.

we even had 20mins devoted to toilet habits...

I find that they put a lot of thought into that situation and food which kinda made abit realistic. Pretty funny yet odd (toilet part) at the same time.

Soldato
I do enjoy the zombie genre few episodes into All of Us Are Dead its pretty good so far not as good as Squid game still good though this korean stuff is pretty decent

Associate
Killer John (Netflix) Series 1

Popped up as a recommendation so having finished The Sinner, and rather than dithering, thought why not?

Having watched 'Chopper' a film based on an infamous Oz inmate (like Bronson in the UK) Eric Bana carries the role as a serial fraud/liar very convincingly and has real menace.

Nearly finished series one and still none the wiser how it will turn out. For a completely random punt, its good.

Christian Slater stars in series 2 which I am looking forward to.

Caporegime
A bit over half way through Vikings Valhalla. It's very much more of the same in the style of Vikings, although even less historical than the original series. Thus far, I'm enjoying it but it's not got the either the coherence or stand-out characters of the first Viking's series.

Soldato
Finished all 6 seasons of Parenthood and will actually really miss it. Often pulled at the heart strings, but I thought did it quite well. Well written, well acted on the whole with generally a decent storyline running throughout.

Soldato
Anyone watching Severance on Apple+?

Yeah, quite odd... intriguing.

Also watching 'Rutherford Falls' as my comic relief. It's... okay... (Ed Helms leads)

Also.... started S2 of Resident Alien, which I really like, Alan Tudyk plays the Alien very well. I don't often actually lol at TV, but there have been a few moments I've actually lol'd...

Back
Top Bottom