What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Recently finished 'The Dropout' about the Therenos / Elizabeth Homes scandal. I was vaguely aware of the story from news reports at the time, but didn't really follow it.

I don't think the show is as good something like 'Inventing Anna' it falls a bit flat in a few places. Naveen Andrews (remember him from Lost?), does a good job as Sunny, but really struck gold in casting Amanda Seyfried as Elizabeth. I was rooting for her at the start, and later found her to be an utterly vile, despicable and unscrupulous character.

Anyway, I give it a 6.9/10 or a bit less than the 7.6 it gets on IMDB.

Soldato
Just finished the final season of Peaky Blinders and then season 2 of Resident Alien. Both very much enjoyed, for different reasons.
Sad that Peaky Blinders has ended and whilst the concluding episode was enjoyed the whole season wasn't my favourite, but still most worthy of watching.
Resident Alien is just light and fun, hopefully it will get picked up for season 3.

Soldato
Resident Alien is just light and fun, hopefully it will get picked up for season 3.

I finished Resident Alien last night too and really enjoy it. Just seen on Wikipedia that the 8 episodes aired were only half of season two with eight more coming later. IMDB does not mention this though so we'll have to wait and see.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
My Name on Netflix.

Started couple of days ago, watched 5 eps and I'm hooked! Only 1 season with 8 eps so far, not sure if there will be a 2nd.

Really really like it, Koreans seem to make very good TV shows! Will have to start watching more of them.

Associate
Finished watching Severance. Not a bad tv show; has that black mirror vibe to it. The plot is a slow burner but it get better in the end.

Just started to watch Pieces Of Her.

Soldato
Just ended up watching Travelers. Watched it on broadcast as a weekly show, so id largely forgotten most of it. Instantly reminded in the first episode of why i liked it, had totally forgotten about the sad ending.

The last couple of episodes are a real gut wrench, Mackenzie Porter and Patrick Gilmore steal the show.

Soldato
Just watched the first two episodes of the outer range. Very intriguing so far. It's got the obligatory lesbian thing going on though :rolleyes: Also a weird homo erotic men stripped to the waist thing going on too. I guess you expect this sort of stuff these days...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom