What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
Season 1 of the TV only covers about half of Book 1 of the trilogy. I can't see any real problems with Season 2 covering the second half of Book 1, it's set up pretty nicely for that. How they tackle Book 2 and beyond is another matter though. But even with the books it's a rather jarring change of narrative. Obviously can't say too much more here.

Yeah but they take a slightly different approach to the books and undermine the reason for the lies so that by the end of the season they are at a place where the truth would have been more effective than the lies for the reason the lies are employed for and a whole subplot (involving tape) is rendered redundant.

Soldato
Yeah but they take a slightly different approach to the books and undermine the reason for the lies so that by the end of the season they are at a place where the truth would have been more effective than the lies for the reason the lies are employed for and a whole subplot (involving tape) is rendered redundant.

I think the book dropped several truths on the reader a little too early on and the TV series handled the suspense of the reveals better. I like how the TV series has you pondering what's a lie and what's the truth all the way to the end of the season.

I actually saw the TV series before I read the books, so I'm probably coming at it from a different angle to most. So the end of Season 1 was a real "wow WTF" moment for me, even though I had my own suspicions and theories. So, if the intent was to leave the viewer as wide-eyed as Juliette was, I think they succeeded.

Anyway, it's good to have some thought provoking sci-fi to talk about. Glad they got the go ahead for Season 2.

Soldato
Dark Matter (original SyFy series).​
Attempted this years ago and gave up after a few episodes but forcing myself through all 3 seasons now. Ploughing through 2/3 episodes a night and up to Ep.6 now. Two is proper hubba hubba!​

Associate
I wanted to like Silo but ultimately its a gimmicky premise and reminded me of the early 2000 shows. Haven't read the books but I know how the shows will go.

Man of Honour
Dark Matter (original SyFy series).​
Attempted this years ago and gave up after a few episodes but forcing myself through all 3 seasons now. Ploughing through 2/3 episodes a night and up to Ep.6 now. Two is proper hubba hubba!​

Bit of a strange show, in many ways a bit rubbish and some very hammed up acting by the SG:A crew, but has a charm to it you either get or don't get and is up there with my top rated shows. Frustratingly ended (cancelled) just as they were starting to really bring in something interesting.

Associate
Fallout 8/10

Great show, with a good sense of humour. The characters and story were engaging and for once, the pacing was pretty good too (there wasnt the ep 4,5,6 filler fluff). Bring on Season 2!

Associate
Can't put my finger on it but both Fallout and The Last of Us, I watched the first episode of both and they just left me cold. Never played either of them so maybe that's what it is.

Last edited:
Associate
Currently working our way through fallout; on EP5 currently and thoroughly enjoying it.
Also watching BBCs 'race across the world', much prefer the non "celebrity" version.

Soldato
Spent several thousand hours playing Fallout 3, NV and 4 and just finished watching the TV series - really enjoyed it, mostly when Ella Purnell or Walton Goggins were on camera.

Next it's back to House MD

Back
Top Bottom