What type of helmet for a touring/enduro bike?

Soldato
I was going to pick up a Shoei XR1100 to replace my current lid. But my new bike (yet to buy, but I have decided, have the dosh, just waiting to find one that I like) is apparently better suited with a sports/enduro setup.

It's a Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring, there are a couple of nice ones on the market, but all a little over priced because of the weather. So waiting for the price to dip a little before pouncing. I want a nice full QD exhaust system from day one haha.

So yea... Thoughts?

EDIT: Before you jump on, yes I am a Ducati fan, but also considered the Tiger and GS... Both good at what they do, but the MTS 1200 S just shone through like a diamond in dirt! And the test ride I had last year from Moto Rapido had me smiling like a child again. Something I didn't really get from my bonkers 1098S but did from the 748...

Soldato
Yeah I bet they are good for cruising around and touring but not sure about really fast speeds, they are more pointy in the chin and also usually have the peak which will catch the wind a lot.

Check out the Shoei Qwest as well, it's the same fit and security of the XR1100 just less cost ;)

dsb

dsb

Associate
I have an XR1100 and ride a BMW GSA and it whistles, unless I tilt my head forward, picked a a shoei hornet DS today so will see how that goes later in the week.

Associate
ive got a shoei neotec which i bought when they came out and to be honest cant say I'm that impressed. the fit is nice and snug but find it quite noisy but that may be partially due to using it on an 1150 gs where wind protection isnt the best. i dont personally think it was worth the extra 350 ish over cabergs which ive had in the past for use on the gs.

Back
Top Bottom