What type of mesh used by Lian Li for dust covers?

Soldato
New build's case is a Lian Li PC-011WX, I have a problem with it that I'd like to resolve before I start. It's lack of dust filters for the front and back. Now, all they have is some mesh with glued magnet strips on them.

But I'd like to get similar, if not the same mesh so I can make my own custom dust filters, where I live here in Cali is very dusty, specially with a pet. I have to clear out my current PC's dust filters once a week (down side to living on the beach).

Without these dust filters on the case, I can see the res's getting clogged up within weeks.

Soldato
New build's case is a Lian Li PC-011WX, I have a problem with it that I'd like to resolve before I start. It's lack of dust filters for the front and back. Now, all they have is some mesh with glued magnet strips on them.

But I'd like to get similar, if not the same mesh so I can make my own custom dust filters, where I live here in Cali is very dusty, specially with a pet. I have to clear out my current PC's dust filters once a week (down side to living on the beach).

Without these dust filters on the case, I can see the res's getting clogged up within weeks.

built in the standard version, just run more positive pressure , this way air doesn't get sucked through the open vents but would be expelled - if your running great exhaust then it will suck air through the unfiltered gaps . But im guessing your running a balance airflow ?

Associate
I've used Demciflex filters myself in the past and they are great but to echo the previous post if you go with positive pressure very little dust builds up anyway.

Soldato
OP
built in the standard version, just run more positive pressure , this way air doesn't get sucked through the open vents but would be expelled - if your running great exhaust then it will suck air through the unfiltered gaps . But im guessing your running a balance airflow ?

I was hoping too yea, the Lian Li PC-011 is a very airy case, I was intending on going with pull config from the bottom, and push out of the top. No other fans. So that means front and rear vents are left entirely open. I could have both rads pushing air into the case but that wouldn't be ideal.

I don't want to add any case fans simply as it's going to be a silent build, I'll be using an aquaero fan controller with a specific temp curve to stop all fans for water temp below a certain C for when I'm simply browsing around and not gaming (with the pump running very slowly). Then when I game, they will spin up to keep the temps down. I could block all other vents I guess? Electrical tape or something more elegant? Maybe a custom plate to screw on.

Back
Top Bottom