What USB speakers do you use with your Laptop / Netbook?

Soldato
I'm going on holiday soon and just realised how poor the speakers are on the NC10!!

I want to get a small USB speaker (don't need two, just one if possible) to assisit with the sound.

What does everyone else use? I'm looking for something cheap as chips (£10-15) as it'll only be used for a few weeks.

Care to make some recommendations?

Soldato
I can't think of a more useless feature in a laptop than having 5.1 built-in speakers. :p

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-047-LG&groupid=702&catid=22&subcat=

Something like them would do fine, although they aren't the smallest. I only took a quick look on OcUK, may have better look elsewhere.

lol yeah you don't get the sound around you but having more speakers in the front as well as the back plus a small base tube makes a hell of a difference
to the sound quality, easily the best sounding laptop i have ever heard.
there is no need to use addon speakers

Soldato
lol yeah you don't get the sound around you but having more speakers in the front as well as the back plus a small base tube makes a hell of a difference
to the sound quality, easily the best sounding laptop i have ever heard.
there is no need to use addon speakers

I agree on the sound that comes out of the Acer 8930, I have one myself and it works great when I'm back home. However, nothing beats a good set of speakers.

Back in my uni accommodation now and plugging in my Aego M makes a BIG difference and just makes the aural senses feel good with my music pumping out of it. (even if it is 'just a PC speaker')

IMHO, if you're going to plug some speakers in, it has to be a good powered speaker that can bring music/movies to live rather than just use a USB speaker which may or may not even be better than the laptop's original (be it a higher power-out put than the laptop)

If you want portability, headphone the way to go for your laptop :)

Associate
Back
Top Bottom