What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
OP
Brass Tatics Beta - Real time strategy meets VR. Allot of fun and I am looking forward to the full release on the 23rd.

Sairento - This game has just been released so I haven’t spent much time with it.

Soldato
OP
Brass tactics is just awesome in every way. Always liked RTS to a point, but generally this is from a skirmish with every odd stacked in my favour because I'm useless at micro managing everything at once. Brass tactics changes all of that, the ability to see everything you have and what's coming at you, and instantly flick to where you need to be is a total game changer for me, and id imagine every other clunk when it comes to RTS.

Even though it's a high budget game and there's high production values, the core game and fluidity is where it shines. Made it to the 3rd table, those buggering stealth units ruined my day. It's a bargain at the sale price, I think it's going to be my first oculus store purchase, it's that worth it.

If you've never got on with RTS, try it!

It’s my favourite VR game and a cracking RTS game. C&C and Age of Empires are amongs my all time fav games and Brass Tactics seems to be joining that list. I never would have thought VR would work so well for an RTS game.

Soldato
OP
I'm still hooked on Brass Tactics, such a good game.

I have nearly completed Edge of Nowhere which has been very enjoyable and I picked up Beat Sabre today.

Soldato
OP
Look at a game called Seeking Dawn if you crave the high end experience. Been liking it a lot recently after discovering more of the mechanics, and getting deeper in to it.

The way they've done the VR in fps is some of the best yet. They have a quick menu that springs up at the level of your head, you physically grab stuff on the fly, swapping out guns, munitions, health regens... This coupled with an immersive arm swinging mechanic while running just feels awesome. If you've seen ready player one and how they quick fire stuff on the fly, think that.

The backpack inventory stuff is still icon pointer driven, and the pickups is done by button press, which are design decisions that are credible. It's expensive, but it's that ground up fps to justify the cost.

I hadn't heard of this game before. Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom