What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
i started playing chronos last night. i figured i need to play it now befroe i get spoiled by the likes of FO4.. (I bought it 12 months ago)

it is really very good and plays well on lower end hardware so can put me on till i get a new gpu.

Soldato
I feel like I should pimp Rolling Line. I'm waiting on it to get some better customization options, the scope for modification is huge. It's model trains done on the kind of layout you see in peoples attics, without the need for massive expense or marital breakdown.

Cool in VR with the ability to exploit room scale and walk around the layout, with the added bonus of becoming a miniature and riding the choo choo.

Soldato
Nice, class game in VR, don't think i could ever go back to playing it normally!!
I bought a folding Playseat and a Logitech wheel just for playing PCars 2. I wish the Rift resolution was a bit higher, but despite that the feeling of immersion is incredible. I find myself leaning when driving around tight corners like I do in real life. (A bit like when playing Eurotruck Simulator 2 in VR where I tried to lean my elbow on a non-existent window sill while driving on a motorway. :D). I'm finally learning to drive racing games properly, looking at trackside markers for braking info, etc. Wonderful stuff.

In spite of that Skyrim VR is currently taking up 90% of my VR time, though I did play a bit of Chronos recently, and also have been getting back into The Climb.

Associate
I bought a folding Playseat and a Logitech wheel just for playing PCars 2. I wish the Rift resolution was a bit higher, but despite that the feeling of immersion is incredible. I find myself leaning when driving around tight corners like I do in real life. (A bit like when playing Eurotruck Simulator 2 in VR where I tried to lean my elbow on a non-existent window sill while driving on a motorway. :D). I'm finally learning to drive racing games properly, looking at trackside markers for braking info, etc. Wonderful stuff.

In spite of that Skyrim VR is currently taking up 90% of my VR time, though I did play a bit of Chronos recently, and also have been getting back into The Climb.
Nice setup, I know what you mean with taking in the track and features, even sitting up in the chair to see over the top of a hill when approaching lol,
I still dont know about Skyrim, have all the bugs been ironed out can you pick things up ok etc?
The Climb I do want but waiting on it coming down in price again.

Soldato
I still dont know about Skyrim, have all the bugs been ironed out can you pick things up ok etc?
The Climb I do want but waiting on it coming down in price again.

Skyrim is a bit of a contradiction really. On the one hand the controls aren't great, and don't support the level of VR interaction we're used to, especially in Oculus Touch enabled games, but on the other it's absolutely amazing and awesome to be inside the world of Skyrim rather than watching it on a flat screen. So it ends up being terribly addictive as the world is so cool, and there's so much to explore and do. After a while the controls are ok, though I would have swapped some of the buttons around. (There's a mod to do this, but the button labels don't change in the in-game help messages). The Climb is great, but definitely only worth picking up at a discount.

Associate
Skyrim is a bit of a contradiction really. On the one hand the controls aren't great, and don't support the level of VR interaction we're used to, especially in Oculus Touch enabled games, but on the other it's absolutely amazing and awesome to be inside the world of Skyrim rather than watching it on a flat screen. So it ends up being terribly addictive as the world is so cool, and there's so much to explore and do. After a while the controls are ok, though I would have swapped some of the buttons around. (There's a mod to do this, but the button labels don't change in the in-game help messages). The Climb is great, but definitely only worth picking up at a discount.
Cheers for that Ravenger, will certainly look into Skyrim, and keeping an eye on the Oculus store for The Climb dropping in price.

Associate
Playing loads of Skyrim and project cars 2, Skyrim easily best game for rift, especially if you add loads of mods looks amazing, feels like first proper full vr game. didnt like it on flat screen but love it in VR.

Soldato
There are some seriously cool mods for Skyrim VR too, including a speech recognition mod so you can speak your lines and responses in conversations. Thus may seem weird, but it really adds to the immersion.

Soldato
I just picked up box VR in an effort to motivate myself to get a bit more active. So far, its good fun and certainly gets a sweat going. Weather is a bit hot to have a HMD on your face while you work out though!

Soldato
Nahh! If ever there were a VR game designed for just that scenario, then praise be my current addiction to Truck Simulator.

Sunk in my Sparco bucket, complete with front facing fan on my rig.

Back
Top Bottom