What was your education path?

Permabanned
I started school when i was 4 (UK), then started again when i was 7 (SA), went to high school when i was 14 stayed there until i was 16 (meant to stay until 18) instead i went to a college for the last two years of high school. I did a three month sound engineering course (waste of money). Have had no further studies.

Soldato
GCE's (older) - A levels failed (1972)- worked in bank as clerk, lathe operator, agricultural laborer, chain lad on site, junior engineer, site civil engineer, dredging superintendant, back to college for one year, design engineer (civil), progressed principal design engineer.

Soldato
GCSEs ----> GNVQ Intermediate Information Technology ( 1yr,York College) ----> BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners (General) (2yr,York College) ----> Foundation degree Computer Systems Support (2yr The Manchester College) ----> BSc Business Information Technology (4yr sarnie, Salford Uni)

I started my BSc in my second year, so now hoping to go onto the 3rd year which hopefully will be a placement year and got an interview at HP CDS in Manchester, but if I don't get that will be straight into my second year.

Some people tell me I should go on to get a masters and then a PhD but I don't really know why I'd want to, and that, if I find a dissitation hard in my 3rd year, then I'm going to die on a masters and then on a PhD lol.

Soldato
School -> College for 2 years -> Uni (BSc Computer Game Technology) ,in my 3rd year finishing soon (really dont want to leave :(). Wouldnt change my choices, Uni is awesome

Soldato
GCSE --> GNVQ ADVANCED I.T. ---> A LEVELS IN ENVIRONMENT SCIENCE/BIOLOGY/GEOGRAPHY/GEN STUDY ---> BSC OCEAN SCIENCE --> MSC IN COMPUTING & INTERNET SYSTEMS

A varied path swinging between I.T. and Science, my main interests, now work in a Lab doin biology type stuff, but trying to find work in I.T.

Caporegime
standard levels -> Highers -> Advanced Highers -> University (Double first class Joint Honours B.Sc. Artificial Intelligence and Psychology) -> PhD (I hand in next week)

Soldato
left 6th Year and went to work for 16 years.

Then when to college HNC > HND

Then went to Uni BSc

Then back to work earning less that I did before but in a job I enjoy !

Back
Top Bottom