What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
Well Tudor have announced their new watches, among which are a few BB58 updates now with display back. The gold one with green dial/bezel is absolutely ugly and costs $16,000 LOL

The pure silver one is actually quite nice and much better at just over $4000.

Sadly the BB58 is no longer the unique and special watch it once was.

Also for this kind of money the movement appears to have no perlage/geneve decoration or other decoration, it is simply plain silver finished which is a major bummer...

Soldato
That's a nice looking watch. Looks really good with the rubber strap. Talking of which, did you have to cut it?

Cheers :) It really does suit the rubber strap I think.

Unfortunately it does need cutting down. Can't find a suitable tool to remove the spring bars on the clasp at the moment though :(

May have to take it into the shop to get it done when it opens next week...

Soldato
Stowa Bronze ordered :cool:

What config did you go for?

It's turned up :)

Nice!

Well Tudor have announced their new watches, among which are a few BB58 updates now with display back. The gold one with green dial/bezel is absolutely ugly and costs $16,000 LOL

Also for this kind of money the movement appears to have no perlage/geneve decoration or other decoration, it is simply plain silver finished which is a major bummer...

The silver case is extremely appealing! Very unique idea, I like it. I've never really been much of a fan of Tudor, but this is appealing. It's been listed on Beaverbrooks at £3230. The dial looks almost brown in the stock photos, doesn't look great in those photos tbh at all. Assuming it's more so a grey. Would have been better in black dial and black bezel for sure.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah the stock photos by Tudor often don't match up to reality I found lol which is weird4. I really like that silver case 58 and also the new grey BB36. I can def see myself with that BB36 in the future too and the price seems bang on.

What config did you go for?

I went for no date, hand wind (Selita SW215-1) and custom case side engraving "Fl 23883". I've also ordered an olive coloured Hirsch Pure natural rubber strap as the taper matches the strap on the Stowa so I can swap over the buckle. The leather strap Stowa supply is hand made antique leather I am told and they seem to sell it for €75 so I may sell it on as have no interest in leather straps :p

Really like the fact that it comes with a bronze case back too. I have no skin reaction issues and the CuSn8 bronze used is more resistant to corrosion than other bronzes.

Check out Stowa's take on the SW215-1:

tI2Rm2Rl.jpg

Sadly their stock photos aren't all that either lol.

Last edited:
Associate

I really like the panda chrono and the pure silver one.

Associate
Thoughts on Zelos? I see they have a few Horizons in stock and I especially like the Granite version: https://zeloswatches.com/collections/all/products/horizons-200m-field-granite?variant=32249738920025

The price for the specs seems excellent and I've read comments before online about Zelos giving a good showing to much more expensive watches. The owner seems to like heavily applying bright lume to all his watches too.

I'm at two minds now, was about to buy the Stowa Flieger Vintage Bronze 36mm (grail watch for me but of course that comes at a cost premium though it would complete my pilot watch trio) but having seen this and only 100 made...

Zelos are INSANE for the money - cant go wrong bud!

Associate
sw-scottish-watches-podcast-246.jpg

Just uploaded the latest show covering some of the pieces released yesterday and over the past few days. Also got some guests on to chat about certain things including Adrian from Bark & Jack and Ryan who authored The Wristwatch Handbook.

Have a listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts etc here :

http://www.scottishwatches.co.uk/20...-new-from-rolex-tudor-patek-jlc-iwc-oris-etc/

:D

Soldato
Nice to see Breitling have released some watches that don't look like someones been sick all over them. Particularly like the pistachio green dial version.

ZZJqld0.png
I'm actually really into that! The Pular Homage joke is spot on though, lol.

The BB58 Silver looks like a cracking watch for the money. Makes me think twice about my BB58 Black (which is an expensive worry :p).

Cheers :) It really does suit the rubber strap I think.

Unfortunately it does need cutting down. Can't find a suitable tool to remove the spring bars on the clasp at the moment though :(

May have to take it into the shop to get it done when it opens next week...
I know the feeling - finally had my 1.4mm screwdriver arrive so I can adjust the strap on the BB58. I bought one of these for my other straps though, well worth a tenner:
https://www.watchgecko.com/professional-spring-bar-removal-tool

Really like the Longines though! Gateway drug though? :p

Soldato
I'm actually really into that! The Pular Homage joke is spot on though, lol.

The BB58 Silver looks like a cracking watch for the money. Makes me think twice about my BB58 Black (which is an expensive worry :p).

I know the feeling - finally had my 1.4mm screwdriver arrive so I can adjust the strap on the BB58. I bought one of these for my other straps though, well worth a tenner:
https://www.watchgecko.com/professional-spring-bar-removal-tool

Really like the Longines though! Gateway drug though? :p

Summoned up the courage to take the clasp off and cut the strap :p

Really pleased with it :)

Back
Top Bottom