What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
I used http://www.webwatchmaker.com/ He's a lovely chap called Brandon. He's done all sorts for me in the past (restored my grand fathers watch and a very challenging pocket watch amongst others). He was a watchmaker for JLC previously so absolutely knows his stuff.

I also had my dad's reverso serviced by an independent too. I gather parts can be an issue when things are actually broken but for a normal service absolutely no need to go back to JLC in my view.

Associate
How long is the guarantee with the service?

The guarantee is for 2 years from the date of service, it's £333.33 for the service, £400 for dial and hands to be replaced and £113 for the glass plus the VAT.

I'm not sure what was wrong with the dial or hands because I couldn't see any scratches but they wouldn't show me any pictures whilst the watch was away so not much I could do apart from pay up.

It is indeed like brand new, there is still only the dent on the bezel left but even that has been made less noticeable I think. I'd recommend anyone to get their watch polished!

Man of Honour
Cheers guys, as I posted before it looks like my Bremont has the same bent pin issue as it had at a few weeks old. My lodger also has a Bremont, albeit a different model, with the exact same issue. I think I'll contact the retailer and see what they say, then get in touch with Bremont themselves.

Looks like it's a two year warranty, I'm sending in the watch to be repaired.

Looking forward to wearing my Tag in the meantime.

Associate
Can anyone tell me why my Omega 300m Seamaster Quartz has considerably escalated in price since i first bought around 5/6 years ago?

I have also noticed too that on the Omega site it has a RRP which is nowhere near the actual selling price at the shops.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me why my Omega 300m Seamaster Quartz has considerably escalated in price since i first bought around 5/6 years ago?

I have also noticed too that on the Omega site it has a RRP which is nowhere near the actual selling price at the shops.

all omegas have increased in price, they are trying to elevate the brand

the RRP on the website is the RRP however, not sure what difference you see?

Soldato
Taken delivery of yet another Tissot Visodate today (Pics when I get home). I previously bought 2 for my best men in June, and this one is for my brother in law. He is always wearing suits and isn't really into watches for the most part - he's gradually getting there and I want something special for him.

I've always had a thing for the Visodate as it is a thing of beauty. That clasp though :o

Seeing these Cocktail time photos though - god that thing is a stunner. I think I'll look into one after the new year!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom