What watch do you wear?

Associate
I know nothing about watches, just read the last few pages on here. I want a nice watch but I before I get an expensive one Ive just come across
this https://www.creationwatches.com/pro...ck-leather-snzg15k1-ls8-mens-watch-13936.html

Any good for the price? I like the watch but would prefer a metal strap but thats no biggie at this price, I have always liked skeleton watches and TAG (I just seen most people hate TAG haha or at least their quartz watches). This one has the display back and looks half decent for the price.

Can I do better?

Thanks,
Sean

Associate
Actually just found this one https://www.creationwatches.com/pro...tic-black-leather-strap-mens-watch-14746.html

37mm face, I only have small wrists so should be a better fit for me I would imagine. All of the metal strap ones seem to be 42-25mm that would be on the large side I assume and would likely look daft on my wrist haha.

I might get this one with the leather strap and get a second NATO strap for everyday use (my job would suit the NATO strap better for work).

I can then look more into it to get a really nice on. It does seem like these are the go to entry automatics though!

Soldato
Actually just found this one https://www.creationwatches.com/pro...tic-black-leather-strap-mens-watch-14746.html

37mm face, I only have small wrists so should be a better fit for me I would imagine. All of the metal strap ones seem to be 42-25mm that would be on the large side I assume and would likely look daft on my wrist haha.

I might get this one with the leather strap and get a second NATO strap for everyday use (my job would suit the NATO strap better for work).

I can then look more into it to get a really nice on. It does seem like these are the go to entry automatics though!
Case diameter is only a tiny part of the story - dial to case ratio also influences things (a larger dial in a smaller case will wear larger than a relatively smaller dial in a larger case), as does the visible parts of the case (bezel design can mean the case appears smaller/larger), as do colours...and especially lug to lug distance which can sometimes mean a smaller case appears out of proportion with everything else. Unfortunately these dimensions are rarely reported. You really need to try them on to see how they wear on your wrist.

Soldato

I've got tiny wrists and find a 42mm diameter about my limit, but the thickness of that at 10mm will suit you.

I've just checked and my favourite is 42mm x 10.5mm and the one I'm not keen on as its a bit too big is 45mm x 12.5mm.

I find the second one catches on clothing all the time and generally feels a bit too heavy for my wrist, but would probably be absolutely fine for a larger chap.

Associate
That’s a really nice and historic piece. How much did it set you back? If you don’t mind me asking.

Think it was £600 for this one. Full serviced, rephased to use modern batteries and with a genuine NOS Bulova stainless steel bracelet.

You can get them far cheaper but I wanted to get a hold of the best looking piece I could as I want to wear it not just store it :)

Search on the bay for "johnlovesbulova" buddy.

Soldato
I fancy a submariner, Omega's a nice but I'm drawn by a Rolex date, although they're very expensive. Any other brands to look at?
Do you mean a diver with a date function? If so, you're really spoilt for choice, just give your budget and there can be plenty of suggestions.

If you mean a Submariner Date, then there's only one option...Rolex as that's their model and theirs alone. Tudor did do a Submariner with a date function (when the two brands were more intertwined), but they're getting up there in cost too.

Man of Honour
Do you mean a diver with a date function? If so, you're really spoilt for choice, just give your budget and there can be plenty of suggestions.

If you mean a Submariner Date, then there's only one option...Rolex as that's their model and theirs alone. Tudor did do a Submariner with a date function (when the two brands were more intertwined), but they're getting up there in cost too.
Probably around £3-4k.

Back
Top Bottom