What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Are we still debating this? No one bought a new watch recently?

I did :D 13.99 job. Old Oris as it happens. Was ending on eBay and thought meh, 13.99 looks old and interesting. Won't wear it, it's small, but I liked it.

s-l1600.jpg

I'll be getting my Oris Artix GT this weekend too. It was posted to my parents place in the UK and I'm seeing them this weekend.

Caporegime
You're right, of course - most posters probably do own a number of watches. Point being, however, that it might not be 100% of posters here who do own more than 1, and that another title, even though it might sound like a better title, isn't all-inclusive, and could dissuade others from participating, (which I personally would find disappointing because I want to see ALL the watches). A number of people I know or have met in the past have only 1 watch, but what a watch that might be - for example an old work acquaintance who sported a lovely Oris as an inheritance piece, kept and worn as his only watch, but didn't really know or understand what he had on his wrist until we had a good conversation about watches...

This. Lets stop being so anal about things that don't matter and let the thread continue as normal, eh? :)

I did :D 13.99 job. Old Oris as it happens. Was ending on eBay and thought meh, 13.99 looks old and interesting. Won't wear it, it's small, but I liked it.

I'll be getting my Oris Artix GT this weekend too. It was posted to my parents place in the UK and I'm seeing them this weekend.
Dude that watch is aweosme, what model is it? Do you have a link to specs? :)

Associate

s-l1600.jpg

Very very nice. Bargain too.

Caporegime
Very very nice. Bargain too.
It's likely a fake.

I just did some research and Indian sellers on Ebay are basically painting ("professionally refurbishing") new dials from different watches and then selling them as Oris.

Post #5 onwards https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/quality-oris-watches-1970s-early-1980s-1718498.html

Example on Ebay here https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-...312391?hash=item3417e6f907:g:2iAAAOSw08ddq1OL

Shame, as I would other have loved that watch were it genuine. :(

Associate
No one bought a new watch recently?

Cool watch, these things are great fun although as @Richdog said it is most likely not original. However, at the end of the day, buy and wear what puts a smile on your face.

I have also purchased a couple of watches recently. Firstly, a 60's Seiko Champion 850

a0R2f7P.jpg

I also managed to find a rare ladies Universal Geneve Polerouter with its original box for my wife for an amazing price. It is absolutely mint, original bracelet, signed crystal and crown, and just needed a service to make sure running it wouldn't damage it. The issue is that the wife doesn't want it so it'll have to be sold on when it gets back from the watchmaker.

FLKxHa5.jpg

Associate
Got rid of watch over 5 years ago and now only use phone...one less thing to carry around makes me feel so great....

Yeah, I often feel that carrying a watch around is a massive encumbrance and that I'd rather fish something out of my pocket, (which is sometimes difficult when sitting down or in meetings, etc...), then reorient it and press the button to activate the screen before bunging it back in my pocket again. Far simpler and less cumbersome than a gentle raise of the wrist.

Only messing with you - whatever suits the individual is what I always say :)

I've gone the other way around...
During work time a(on long drives) I wear a TagHEUER Connected to mirror my phone connections. So convenient.

Soldato
Dude that watch is aweosme, what model is it? Do you have a link to specs? :)
Nah no idea really
Shame, as I would other have loved that watch were it genuine. :(
Ha I literally found the same thing just a min ago, too. Bloody indians. Luckily I've not paid yet, so we're all good. Shame as you say, they're cool little watches.

Soldato
Anyone ordered from JBWatches.com before?

Found the Emporio Armani AR2448 on there for a good price.

They do offer PayPal as a payment option so I should have some buyer protection when it comes to forgery.

Also, any recommendations on similar looking watches for around £100 that might tickle my fancy?

Thanks

Soldato
Anyone ordered from JBWatches.com before?

Found the Emporio Armani AR2448 on there for a good price.

They do offer PayPal as a payment option so I should have some buyer protection when it comes to forgery.

Also, any recommendations on similar looking watches for around £100 that might tickle my fancy?

Thanks
Look at Fossil. The one you've chosen is very likely to be a rebadged one of theirs, like the majority of fashion watches in this price bracket.

Soldato
Look at Fossil. The one you've chosen is very likely to be a rebadged one of theirs, like the majority of fashion watches in this price bracket.

Aaah, that's a shame. How is that even legal?

EDIT: Having read up, seems it's common practise. Which begs the question, how come some retailers (goldsmiths) are charging £300.

Last edited:
Associate
Aaah, that's a shame. How is that even legal?

EDIT: Having read up, seems it's common practise. Which begs the question, how come some retailers (goldsmiths) are charging £300.

It's how the "fashion watch" industry works. People have a desire to buy a product with a fashion brands name on it. This brand in not in the watch manufacturing world so it is easier for them to licence their brand name to a volume watch manufacturer. As people are more willing to spend more money on these branded items, jewellers are able to charge more for them.

Soldato
It's how the "fashion watch" industry works. People have a desire to buy a product with a fashion brands name on it. This brand in not in the watch manufacturing world so it is easier for them to licence their brand name to a volume watch manufacturer. As people are more willing to spend more money on these branded items, jewellers are able to charge more for them.

Sickening really. Thanks for the feedback though.

Back
Top Bottom