What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Tudor's new Black Bay Chrono, the watch I always wished they'd do and now they do!

piPMQwQ.jpg

On one hand I want it a lot, but on the other hand I don't want two watches, and recalled my NOMOS sale as I like that too much as well so decided to not sell it!
That's a great value Daytona :p

Associate
Bought this a few weeks back as it went well with my outfit for a wedding...

Actually really like it, but not a fan of the strap. Rather shiny and not too comfortable. Any suggestions for a replacement?

0mN9SPm.jpg

CvKjS70.jpg

VJrLerp.jpg

Associate
Sorry for being nosey, what did you pay for that?

Edit.....sorry I found it on Google myself, very nice watch.

If you're asking about my Seiko it was £268 from Jura Watches. Was £335 but they had 20% off all Seikos one weekend. Seems to be going for £400 now though, which is quite a lot.

I really like it, bit on the small side but not worryingly so. Catches the light well, goes good with my general office wear but also a nice proper dress watch if it needs to be.

Had my eye on one for while, so very happy.

Soldato
If you're asking about my Seiko it was £268 from Jura Watches. Was £335 but they had 20% off all Seikos one weekend. Seems to be going for £400 now though, which is quite a lot.

I really like it, bit on the small side but not worryingly so. Catches the light well, goes good with my general office wear but also a nice proper dress watch if it needs to be.

Had my eye on one for while, so very happy.
Yep it was the one I asked about, I’ve always liked them so it’s one for the list.....the list is ever expanding

Caporegime
Oris makes some good watches and if this is what you want then fine, however if you want heritage and future resale value, then Tudor, or some of the Omegas are better staring point.
Oris, a 115 year old watchmaking company who remain independent and family-run, don't have... 'heritage'?

I do read some hilarious stuff in this thread. :D

Soldato
Which fabric NATO straps do you guys usually go for? Are there many different fabrics/sizes etc?
Mostly just different thicknesses and weaves of nylon aren't they? I rate Zuludiver ones. Heard good things about Timefactors ones too. But you can spend a couple of quid up to a couple of hundred, so budget is key.

I prefer Perlon in this weather (the cheap as chips softer stuff, not the more expensive, harder stuff).

Soldato
Mostly just different thicknesses and weaves of nylon aren't they? I rate Zuludiver ones. Heard good things about Timefactors ones too. But you can spend a couple of quid up to a couple of hundred, so budget is key.

I prefer Perlon in this weather (the cheap as chips softer stuff, not the more expensive, harder stuff).

Soldato
I just ordered the Seiko SARX057 (baby GS) from Seiya Japan, I've been lusting after one of these for a while, should be a nice addition to my collection which now compiles of.

Rolex Milgauss
Tissot Visodate
Tisell Type A Pilot watch
Orient Blue Mako
Seiko SNK805K2
Seiko - old quartz chronograph

Associate
Oris, a 115 year old watchmaking company who remain independent and family-run, don't have... 'heritage'?

I do read some hilarious stuff in this thread. :D
I wonder If the heritage comment was more in relation to the fact that Oris do not make their own in house movements? Typically using ETA or Selita. Until very recently at least.

For what it’s worth I like Oris. I do think twice about paying in excess of 1/2k for a watch with an ETA movement, as that’s where I’d see the worth of an ETA. Which put Oris in a well priced bracket. Seem like very good watches at a reasonable price.

Associate
Just got a Seiko SARB033 - wish I'd gone for it for last year, before the price hike! Absolutely love it, just right size for my smaller wrist. Luckily, the bracelet fits me well, so I'm good there.

NATO straps - I only tend to go for the USM style with the cloth keeper. They slip into a sleeve more easily with no metal loops to snag.
Toxic Natos in the US has some "Blue Falcon" USM NATOs which are nice and cheap, though the guy does clearly state that they are the product of a short-lived test with a supplier who let him down, so some of them are like seconds quality. I've got 22mm orange / blue, and 20mm blue / Bond / orange, and all are great apart from the 20mm orange, which isn't finished right on one side. Still perfectly usable, but looks a bit ropey. But at $6 each I took a punt on a few :) the fabric feels like polycotton, less synthetic / plastic than Zuludiver NATOs.

https://www.toxicnatos.com/collections/watch-straps/products/toxic-blue-falcon-royal-style-6

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom