What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Rather expensive if you ask me! I dread to think of the day when my Omega needs a service.
That's very competitive for something that requires a lot of investment and skill and takes a lot of time... oh and that's a bargain, an ETA movement is easily £150.

It's like buying a Maserati coming to service it and complaining that it costs more than an MOT.

Soldato
That's very competitive for something that requires a lot of investment and skill and takes a lot of time... oh and that's a bargain, an ETA movement is easily £150.

It's like buying a Maserati coming to service it and complaining that it costs more than an MOT.

So true, actually. It's easy to forgot the skill and time involved.

By the time it needs a service it'll be amazeballs to receive it back in basically as-new condition. Sent my late fathers 1970's Omega in for service at SwissTime. Incredible what they do.

That's amazing to hear. Do you have any photos of it out of interest?

Soldato

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
If anyones eyeing up a Christopher Ward just received a £100 discount code off a £500+ spend which I won't be using can send it over a trust if anyone's interested.

Soldato
You have put me to shame with your Hamilton picture. I tried last night to get a decent photo of what I have but it came out pants. Will have another go in the coming days.

These videos can be hit or miss but I find them very addictive...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwIDhQqRmHI&ab_channel=RedDeadRestoration

Ah man, don't worry. I'm a photography geek (another bloody expensive hobby that I don't recommend). Whatever photo you post, it'll be amazing. Seriously, it's a watch on a completely different level. Any photo of it will say it all. That photo you took of the case back seriously did something to me! I started watching YT vids of the Speedy again. The lust is strong! It's a watch on a completely different level!

How are you liking it?

Soldato
Ah man, don't worry. I'm a photography geek (another bloody expensive hobby that I don't recommend). Whatever photo you post, it'll be amazing. Seriously, it's a watch on a completely different level. Any photo of it will say it all. That photo you took of the case back seriously did something to me! I started watching YT vids of the Speedy again. The lust is strong! It's a watch on a completely different level!

How are you liking it?
I am a tad worried actually...I swear it is "in my head" but I think the Tachy is actually sticking. Have it sat unwinding at the moment. Going to get my camera ready tomorrow to see if I can catch it on film.

Otherwise, it is amazing. Different level to my others. The box is like a suitcase, too.

Photography was a double-failed attempt for me, lol. Have a Canon 300D and 550D next to me each with no more than 1000 photos! Couldn't crack it. Will definitely get around to it tomorrow though (y)

Associate
I'll show you how to take a bad photo!

Wanted one of these for years and thought I'd better get involved before they go crazy. Anything Rolex sports and stainless steel seems to be going up and up.

aSvRSza.jpg

Soldato
I am a tad worried actually...I swear it is "in my head" but I think the Tachy is actually sticking. Have it sat unwinding at the moment. Going to get my camera ready tomorrow to see if I can catch it on film.

Otherwise, it is amazing. Different level to my others. The box is like a suitcase, too.

Photography was a double-failed attempt for me, lol. Have a Canon 300D and 550D next to me each with no more than 1000 photos! Couldn't crack it. Will definitely get around to it tomorrow though (y)

Could be in your head. The box and presentation is amazing. I'm actually really annoyed with Omega about the new release, complete cut back with the presentation and an eye watering price hike. If I had the money, I'd go for the same model!

What lens are you using? Yeah give it some more attempts. If it's not working switch up the light and / or location. Get it rested on a surface / table. Wrist shots are not the easiest to nail with a DSLR, at all. That shot of my Khaki Mechanical was edited in Lightroom, nothing too crazy though. Give it some more tries.

Man of Honour
Watch photography is highly therapeutic I find. My speciality is portraits and street photography but sitting at home with a single light source and a watch to place/position just to get that perfect balance of edge glare off the crystal and depth of field n the right areas is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together for me :cool: I've actually been meaning to put together a youtube video specifically on watch photography around the home with props you can find in every home to get pro results - All in good time.

That restoration video linked earlier is some serious ASMR too :cool:

Soldato
Watch photography is highly therapeutic I find. My speciality is portraits and street photography but sitting at home with a single light source and a watch to place/position just to get that perfect balance of edge glare off the crystal and depth of field n the right areas is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together for me :cool: I've actually been meaning to put together a youtube video specifically on watch photography around the home with props you can find in every home to get pro results - All in good time.

That restoration video linked earlier is some serious ASMR too :cool:
Can't take any of your posts seriously now after the toilet brush picture. :p

Had a play with the 550D thanks to you chaps... no idea what I am doing. :D I do get it though. I won't derail but definitely need to learn how to use this kit. Never made it even as far as buying another lens!

The RedDeadRestoration guy is amazing. Such nuts transformations.
Edit: This chap has a handful of videos and the one I linked has 11M views. Crazy.

Associate
Can't take any of your posts seriously now after the toilet brush picture. :p

Had a play with the 550D thanks to you chaps... no idea what I am doing. :D I do get it though. I won't derail but definitely need to learn how to use this kit. Never made it even as far as buying another lens!

The RedDeadRestoration guy is amazing. Such nuts transformations.
Edit: This chap has a handful of videos and the one I linked has 11M views. Crazy.

The bog plunger is the reason you should take him seriously! Lack of pretentiousness is a great thing :D.

Careful with that doohickey though, looks like it could break if you get plunging too vigorously!

Man of Honour
That was just for a laugh, I knew the responses it would get in that thread :p (But at the same time, everybody poops!)

My personal fav shots of any of my watches from past to present are probably the OG Pelagos on a Horween leather strap propped alongside a belt of similar vintage and material I had at the time or the one with the straps rolled up in the box thing or perhaps the NOMOS on a pair of jeans. The feel was just right I thought. No idea what I will photograph the bronze Baltic with though, need to have a play after it has some active patina going...

QOhJuFa.jpg

CXo6efM.jpg

uAKKP58.jpg

Associate
Bronze is nautical, so something seafaring. Rigging? Rope? Sailcloth? Nautical Maps? Bathtub and a plastic boat? :D Heck I know you're in and around Portsmouth and Gosport so go down on the Beach!

Back
Top Bottom