What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Would really like Garmin to release a Smart Ring, or "band only" style tracker for those folks that want to combine with a flex, I mean real, watch.
Totally agree. After ditching the whoop I have tried two of the more simple ones. Garmin vivosmart 5 and then a fitbit inspire. The Garmin one worked well but stopped charging after 3 months so got a refund. The fitbit however is total rubbish. Miles out in terms of what it says my output is compared to my Descent, strava or health app on iphone. Usually over estimates by about 30%. Both of them look terrible too especially without long sleeves to cover them up.

Thread back on track, not posted this one yet. Engagement present. Getting married for the second time early next year. Wife to be wanted a large diamond. No problem with that but only fair if I got something too...
Purchased April last year, 2021 Skydweller. Feel like the pictures don't really do it justice.

Caporegime
Totally agree. After ditching the whoop I have tried two of the more simple ones. Garmin vivosmart 5 and then a fitbit inspire. The Garmin one worked well but stopped charging after 3 months so got a refund. The fitbit however is total rubbish. Miles out in terms of what it says my output is compared to my Descent, strava or health app on iphone. Usually over estimates by about 30%. Both of them look terrible too especially without long sleeves to cover them up.

Thread back on track, not posted this one yet. Engagement present. Getting married for the second time early next year. Wife to be wanted a large diamond. No problem with that but only fair if I got something too...
Purchased April last year, 2021 Skydweller. Feel like the pictures don't really do it justice.

Congrats dude. I have the SkyD in white with jubilee bracelet. I love it. :)

Soldato

I hadn't realised what the 12 markers around the edge were for. Super cool. Love these -- probably what I would go for versus a President or something.

Associate
Nice :) Reckon I'd have kept the Pelagos though, also a great watch.

I'm not going to lie. I loved the look of it. Just wasn't overly keen on the titanium. Scratches too easily and was too light on the wrist for me for a big chunky diver. Also there was a quite a few reports of the bezel lumed markers falling out on the TZ forum. The big thing for me though was that I could not get the sizing right for my wrist. Even with a uncle seiko half link. It was either flapping around or on the spring setting on the adjustable clasp. So no adjustability. Just my small awkward wrist I guess.

Soldato
I hadn't realised what the 12 markers around the edge were for. Super cool. Love these -- probably what I would go for versus a President or something.
Yep month. Set the date on 1 March each year. :cool:
I have a pair of Omega divers so wanted something a little different from a sub or sea dweller. Will get one some day. Tudor or Cartier next I think. Actually flying to Geneva in August to climb Mont Blanc. Thinking of trying to get one at the airport tax free, seeing as I cant in the uk anymore.

Caporegime
Nice :) Reckon I'd have kept the Pelagos though, also a great watch.
I also have a Pelagos blue and damn it is an amazing watch. So light and so durable (its built like a tank) and the matt titanium just looks fantastic against the blue dial. The watch is truly unique looking but for me its more of a summer or sports watch than a daily wearer.

Soldato
I'm not going to lie. I loved the look of it. Just wasn't overly keen on the titanium. Scratches too easily and was too light on the wrist for me for a big chunky diver. Also there was a quite a few reports of the bezel lumed markers falling out on the TZ forum. The big thing for me though was that I could not get the sizing right for my wrist. Even with a uncle seiko half link. It was either flapping around or on the spring setting on the adjustable clasp. So no adjustability. Just my small awkward wrist I guess.
I remember having a titanium Seiko kinetic years ago and had the same issues with it. I loved the watch, but it did feel very light on the wrist. Also was a total scratch magnet.

Man of Honour
fkkziIk.jpg

Still feels like the first day I got it.

Man of Honour
That's a lot of G Shocks!

Anyone still got their Khaki Pilot Pioneer? How is yours after some years? Mine is still nearly like new. A few hairline scratches on the case side but to be expected. Mineral and AR coating are unmarked though contrary to online comments saying it would scratch easily. Had it 3.5 years.

Look at the crystal distortion at the edges :cool:

Back
Top Bottom