What watch do you wear?

Soldato
They are not 'end of lifing the pepsi', that was only rumour.
I don't quite understand how you can say that they won't. Of course they will, eventually. They'll redo this with some new reference in the future and discontinue this one.

Not yet, maybe. But they will. Name one reference that has remained through Rolex's history :cry:

Caporegime
I don't quite understand how you can say that they won't. Of course they will, eventually. They'll redo this with some new reference in the future and discontinue this one.

Not yet, maybe. But they will. Name one reference that has remained through Rolex's history :cry:
You seem a bit confused because I didn't say they 'never' would discontinue the Pepsi. The context was obviously that they are not doing so now or in the near future as the rumours were suggesting over the last couple of months.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a bit sad about my watch choice. I have a few nice watches that I love to wear, but never really get a chance. I use my Garmin Epix 2 everyday for exercising and I don't really see the point of swapping my watch out to sit at home at my desk. Maybe I should though, just so I get to enjoy it a bit.

Man of Honour
8ejAqV1.jpg

Got a bargain new addition to the collection, the Seiko Titanium Prospex LX SNR033 GMT. Great finish, spring drive movement and made where Grand Seiko is produced. Does not appear to have lost any seconds in the past nine days.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a bit sad about my watch choice. I have a few nice watches that I love to wear, but never really get a chance. I use my Garmin Epix 2 everyday for exercising and I don't really see the point of swapping my watch out to sit at home at my desk. Maybe I should though, just so I get to enjoy it a bit.
Nothing wrong with wearing them at home :) I catch myself admiring mine even. They should be for you first and foremost anyway!

g2k3RXq.jpeg

Associate
Got a bargain new addition to the collection, the Seiko Titanium Prospex LX SNR033 GMT. Great finish, spring drive movement and made where Grand Seiko is produced. Does not appear to have lost any seconds in the past nine days.
Absolutely loving that. My next watch will be a Spring Drive- to my mind it's the perfect combination of mech and tech, not to mention the best sweep in the business. Mind sharing where you got yours?

Man of Honour
Absolutely loving that. My next watch will be a Spring Drive- to my mind it's the perfect combination of mech and tech, not to mention the best sweep in the business. Mind sharing where you got yours?
The sweep is amazing on it.

It is the SNR033J1 and was on sale reduced by £1.5K at Francis & Gaye Jewellers. They had two on offer and now the other one has also gone.

Soldato
Fancy a used Tag next, but my concern with using eBay is picking up a fake. Any suggestions with where to buy a used one that's genuine?

Pay day treats! Promaster Citizen in a colourway that will surely divide opinion, and G Shock have reissued the classic DW-6900.

Both for less than £300, which is alright in my book.

om2WoAcl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Fancy a used Tag next, but my concern with using eBay is picking up a fake. Any suggestions with where to buy a used one that's genuine?

Pay day treats! Promaster Citizen in a colourway that will surely divide opinion, and G Shock have reissued the classic DW-6900.

om2WoAcl.jpg
There is no split opinion sir

:p

Man of Honour

I agree, wearing them at home show's that you admire your watch and it makes you feel good and you're not just keeping it away for when you go to some place where there are others to take a glipse.

Soldato

om2WoAcl.jpg
Ebay have a 100% money back guarantee. Purchase using the proper channels (pay pal and all comms within its messaging system), if you think it's suss when it turns up take it to a jeweler or pawn shop or something, for a few quid they'll check it and issue you with a document. If its moody then get in touch with ebay and they'll give you all the money back, you get to keep the watch too although you are supposed to "destroy" it. Nobody is going to know if you did or not.

Soldato
Ebay have a 100% money back guarantee. Purchase using the proper channels (pay pal and all comms within its messaging system), if you think it's suss when it turns up take it to a jeweler or pawn shop or something, for a few quid they'll check it and issue you with a document. If its moody then get in touch with ebay and they'll give you all the money back, you get to keep the watch too although you are supposed to "destroy" it. Nobody is going to know if you did or not.
Appreciate the response, that's definitely made me more comfortable with an order. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom