• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What will NVidia do next with 7nm?

bru

bru

Soldato
Now I haven't read anything or heard any rumours , so I thought I would ask here what people think Nvidia will have planed for us?

Now whatever they have planned we all have to realise that they will have started down this route probably before the even released the 2000 series.

Personally I reckon they will reduce the size of the dies because 754mm² just wont be sustainable on the new architecture.

I don't think they will back away from the RT and tensor cores, as they have invested to much to do a U turn now. But I wouldn't be surprised to see RT cores 2.0 and Tensor cores 3.0, basically faster and better.

Cuda core numbers will go up I expect maybe to nearly 6000.
And I expect power consumption to remain very similar.

Price will come down slightly, maybe from $899 so it looks good, but it will probably make little real difference to the price we pay.

As for the name well it should be the 2100 series, but it will be the 3000 series because we know NVidia cannot count, as evidenced from the 2000 series not the 1100 series.

Your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom