What would OcUK do !?!?!?!

Permabanned
I was just driving home where something caught my eye on the path to my left as I turned in. There was nowhere to park because of all the cars on the road but I was pretty sure it was a person.

I did a quick loop and as I got back an elderly woman was getting up of the path wearing a purple dressing gown.

I stopped and asked her if she was OK and she said she was, she looked a little bit disorientated however and just kept saying she was OK when I asked if she needed any help.

she then went into a property nearby where she had gotten up from.

I called the police 101 number as I was concerned she may be vulnerable.

Speaking to the handler she took some details and then asked why I had phoned them and not an ambulance, I said I didn't know if she was hurt or just vulnerable either way, it wasn't normal to be lying on a path in the rain just before midnight.

The handler then asked me if I would go and knock on the door where I thought the woman had gone to see if she was OK. I refused as I said I think it would look odd a stranger knocking on the door around midnight.

The call handler then said they would phone the address to see if the person was OK.

I don't know if they have sent anyone to check on her and also I feel it was wrong to ask to check too.

What do the denizens of OcUK say?

Permabanned
OP
Interesting responses.

In my opinion, I think I did the right thing. I also think it was wrong for the police to ask me to knock on the door to see if she was OK.

I was expecting them to ask me to wait while they send someone which I would have been happy to do.

Back
Top Bottom