• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What would you guys rekomend?

Associate
Right guys....

I have a basic windows 98 system. All I need is a graphics card to run very old games like 'Red Guard' or 'Might and Magic 3' etc. Voodoo cards are what they rekomend but they went out of production years ago (I think they were bought by nvidia...anyway!). Iv been lookin at the very cheap ATI 7000 64mb card but Im not sure whether it will be compat with 98...... Can anyone help?

Cheers

Sanchez

Associate
well the specs say for Windows® 98SE Windows® Me
Windows® 2000 Windows® XP so im sure it would work fine , personally
i would look about for a geforce4 ti card , theres a Geforce4 TI4200 64mb on that " auction site" we all know but cant name going for 16.90 GBP delivered , hope this helps :)

Soldato
check members market. a gf2 mx card is good enough to run those games. but yes get a gf3, gf4 or if you can stretch the budget a 9800pro?

a radeon 9250 is also a good bet if you want a new card and a 9550 is also very good choice. as long as you can get them with 128bit memory interface.

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
check members market. a gf2 mx card is good enough to run those games. but yes get a gf3, gf4 or if you can stretch the budget a 9800pro?

a radeon 9250 is also a good bet if you want a new card and a 9550 is also very good choice. as long as you can get them with 128bit memory interface.

With 25 posts i really doubt he is able to see MM....
And what's with recommending a 9800pro then going to the opposite end of the scale with a 9250? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom