Whats a good laptop for school work and watching neflix etc

Associate
OP
You cannot really go wrong with any choice if it is only for school work and netflix & disney+, What is your budget?

between £500-£600maybe, he didnt give me a budget lol and im totally pc's and ive never used laptops except for at work sometimes so only reason why i was asking the tech gods :) as i dont have a clue sorry on this.

thanks again i hope this can be of use

Last edited:
Soldato
With a Chromebook you're also getting automatic security updates that don't get pushed in your face like windows.

Good ones start at about £250 and they go all the way to £1000.

I personally have a Pixelbook GO and its great. I was also looking at the Acer Spin 713 which has a taller screen and can be flipped all the way around.

The Lenovo Duet is also considered fantastic for the lower end of the price bracket. Has a detachable keyboard so much better for media consumption on the sofa or while traveling.

Associate
I have had a few latops over the years Asus Zenbook which fell apart as soon as the warranty ran out, mother board gave up and we managed to get it replaced at the last minute, hinges broke very poor quality chassis and the last thing to break was the screen. It now resides as a general internet TV box. I have a 2016 HP X360 which is built like a rock with just one battery replacement still going strong. Also I just got another HP Model 13-ay0008na Which is plenty fast for what you are asking it to do, chassis is nice and strong as are the hinges. Battery lasts pretty well and not much keyboard flex which personally I think may contribute to a lot of flexing/stress on motherboards contributing to them breaking with a lot of typing etc. Downside to the HP 13-ay0008na might be that the Ram is soldered, but the ssd and wifi card are replaceable.
Happy to answer any more questions on either of them old or new.

Back
Top Bottom