What's causing my rig to hang on startup?

Soldato
Hi guys,

As above. Is there a Windows log somewhere that can inform me what it is exactly that's causing my rig to hang on startup? It's only been going on for a few weeks, but it's really noticeable - my setup has always been super-quick until now...

After initial login, I get a few bits load up in the system tray but then something kick in that Windows obviously doesn't like. Can be a few minutes before things catch up, this is if I haven't forced a restart by then. After which things are usually fine btw.

I'm pointing finger at my Corsair RGB keyboard at the moment - because it's still displaying its default profile before my custom one has kicked in.

Thanks!

Associate
sounds like Windows Update working on startup, you could go into the setting and pause it for a period, see if that makes any difference

Associate
I had that similar happen to me ages ago, it was one of the services taking forever to start.

When you bootup into windows go straight into windows task manager and sort the status column, look for the one that says "Starting" and that should be the one or ones causing the problem.

Back
Top Bottom