What's so great about the Galaxy Tab 2?

Soldato
I've been looking into getting a 10" tablet lately and I noticed that the specs for the GT2 don't really look all that good. Am I missing something, or is it just a case of paying for the brand?
The £150 Sumvision Cyclone Voyager specs look better to me?

Soldato
The tab 2 isn't anything spectacular, probably worth around £200 I'd say.

What I would say (having owned one briefly) is that yes you are paying a premium for the name and although the internals might not be spectacular what you will get is a sleek and well built unit with a much better screen than the cheaper tablets.

Since the screen is your main interaction with the device it can be worth the extra.

What I would say is the Note 10.1 is a much better device as you have the nice visuals AND excellent internals.

Associate
It all depends what you want to do with the TAB..
I bought a Sam Gal Tab2-10.1 for my photography. I ain't a gamer..
So I got a OTG cable that will let me insert a USB pen drive of 32GB.
It will let me insert a 32GB mini card (whatever you call it) via a pen drive.
I can insert one into the TAB itself.
My Xs Drive with 80GB hard drive + battery pack will also work with it.. My Thecus Y.E.S Nano with power battery pack will also work. Both of them have been redundant in a draw for years, now revived. My Card reader will also work with it. I can tether my Canon 7D & 50D to it. What more do any one want. It's far Better than an iPad.

Soldato
OP
Ended up going for a Galaxy Note 10.1, which I'm enjoying so far!
Once I get to grips with having a tablet (this is my first), I may well swap up for a Nexus 10, just for it's excellent display. We'll see though.

Soldato
It all depends what you want to do with the TAB..
I bought a Sam Gal Tab2-10.1 for my photography. I ain't a gamer..
So I got a OTG cable that will let me insert a USB pen drive of 32GB.
It will let me insert a 32GB mini card (whatever you call it) via a pen drive.
I can insert one into the TAB itself.
My Xs Drive with 80GB hard drive + battery pack will also work with it.. My Thecus Y.E.S Nano with power battery pack will also work. Both of them have been redundant in a draw for years, now revived. My Card reader will also work with it. I can tether my Canon 7D & 50D to it. What more do any one want. It's far Better than an iPad.

Is it possible to download stuff from the net like drivers and pics and docs and then transfer to a PC etc with the tab?

Back
Top Bottom