What's the best driving games these days ?

Soldato
Yeah xbox controller would appreciate the link thanks!

Try these.

Rumble Intensity: 65% (totally your choice on this)
Effects Type: Enhanced

Deadzone: 2%
Speed Sensitivity: 55%
Steer Filter: 98%
Steer Speed: 15%
Steer Gamma: 3.0
Steer Assist: Enabled

Might also be worth remapping the flasher to something on the pad too, it's handy to let people know you're approaching quickly.

Soldato
OP
Try these.

Rumble Intensity: 65% (totally your choice on this)
Effects Type: Enhanced

Deadzone: 2%
Speed Sensitivity: 55%
Steer Filter: 98%
Steer Speed: 15%
Steer Gamma: 3.0
Steer Assist: Enabled

Might also be worth remapping the flasher to something on the pad too, it's handy to let people know you're approaching quickly.

Thanks that makes it much better

Soldato
Been playing Forza Motorsport 7 today, last one I played was the original, or mayby version 2, years ago.

Sure the actual racing is pretty good, but I so don't care about hundreds of cars, paintwork, money/credits etc. All this fluff just gets in the way. Why do modern games feel the need to add all this complexity?

Which racers are simple, just focusing on the actual racing, visuals and sound?

Last edited:
Soldato
AMS2,ACC,RF2,Raceroom all keeping me busy during lockdown,
I installed the new SOL and CSP [paid version] this morning for AC, OMFG simply stunning.
I recorded my first try with it crashed after a few laps but mind blowing stuff.

This looks gobsmackingly good. I tried installing SOL and CSP a short while ago but couldn't get the rain working at all and a lot of textures disappeared altogether leaving blank surfaces. Don't suppose there's a link to some easy to follow instructions you could point me to? I'd love to get mine looking that good in the rain

Associate
This looks gobsmackingly good. I tried installing SOL and CSP a short while ago but couldn't get the rain working at all and a lot of textures disappeared altogether leaving blank surfaces. Don't suppose there's a link to some easy to follow instructions you could point me to? I'd love to get mine looking that good in the rain

The free version doesnt include all the bells and whistles needed for it, you have to donate via subscription on the patreon page but can cancel anytime.

Ilja Jusupov aka x4fab is creating mods for Assetto Corsa racing simulator | Patreon

Heres a video walkthrough of installation.

Associate
Posted in the now playing thread but followed the advice of @Daytrader.

GTR2 and GT Legends with the community patches. I have been having great fun running the Steam versions, since added a couple of community patches which transform these games. They fix all the track, car handling and graphic gremlins. RaceDepartment has all you need.

Yes they are old, but by gum, racing an Alfa/Ford with the Power and Glory mod for GTR2; boat like suspension - I feel like Jim Clark three wheeling his Lotus Cortina!

Highly recommended.

Soldato
I don't really like any driving games at the moment, my ideal driving game would be something like The Crew size wise, ideally much bigger (think Fuel from years ago), but with a more immersive environment, maybe to the degree of GTA, as the world is just dead really. And PROPER handling too.

Back
Top Bottom