What's the best situation authenticator apps

Associate
I use google authenticator so naturally I tell everyone else to use the same, but I have come across some people who forget to have their phones with them, so they are stuck I didn't know the google authenticator doesn't have a Windows app, is the only other way is to have Microsoft authenticator on their laptops and Google on their phone?

I've settled on Ente authenticator, it has both mobile and Windows client.

Bitwarden can do it too but I prefer keeping my passwords and 2FA separate.

I will have a look at that one cheers, I will say that the people who forget their phones are the ones that haven't got a password manager, it's hard to convince them that a password manager is something they should be using.

I have a browser extension that does it!
What browser extension do you have? the one I looked at said it was ending soon.

I use authy, had an issue with Google authenticator when swapping phones over and non of the apps transferred.
Hasn't authy stopped their windows app? Can't say I have had any problems with Google app seems to store the codes in their cloud fine and transferred to another device fine, but I have only done it once.

Last edited:
I use Microsoft Authenticator, and have my critical accounts also secured with a couple of Yubico Security Keys, so I've always got a way into my email.

Back
Top Bottom