What's the biggest (Gb) update you've seen?

Associate
So I don't play my XB1 as much as I should due to, well, life getting in the way.

Anyway, I fire her up after a 3 weeks since I last played, 3.6Gb system update. OK, not terrible and somewhat expected.

Fancy a game of BF1, last played it about 4 months ago in fairness. However, this update size?

20.9Gb!

I had to go to bed before it finished, really excited to play it tonight though, what's new? Have they introduced another World War?

Caporegime
Some of the X1 enhanced game update sizes are pretty hefty, not sure of the exact size but they were well over 20GB.

The Quantum Break patch is something like 90GB :eek::eek:

Associate
OP
If you're on dial up you're screwed.

Yup! If you're in a rural area with a 2mbps max connection you're pretty much screwed. I was getting 10mbps last night and think it'll still be a good few hours. Missed a trick by not leaving it going whilst at work today.

I put my Doom disc back in last night and it launched automatically. Bear in mind it is already installed but asked me to start a 56gb update! No thanks!

Crikey, I got off lightly!

Soldato
Most things just update in the background so I don't really think about it. If it requires one on installation I'll just leave it and go and do something else. Some of them can be massive yeah. Thank god for fibre!

Associate
Some of the X1 enhanced game update sizes are pretty hefty, not sure of the exact size but they were well over 20GB.

The Quantum Break patch is something like 90GB :eek::eek:

Add another 100GB if you download the live action videos too!

My One X has downloaded about 300GB of updates since i've had it.

Soldato
These insane patches are the reason I've put my purchase of an XBOX on hold. Being stuck on ADSL and having no access to fibre for the foreseeable future is a pain. And I live in a large city, not out in the sticks, so quite frankly it's an embarrassment too. We're supposed to be a 1st World country.

Soldato
Could be worse, im currently in the desert with work on a remote site. satellite internet only it has taken 3 days to download the patch for Shadow of War and it was only 5gb.
It better be finished by tomorrow so i can spend by day of playing or im going to be very bored

Associate
OP
Just think in a few years we will have TB updates on the day of release :D

Let's hope internet speed is measured in Gbps as standard by then :p

These insane patches are the reason I've put my purchase of an XBOX on hold. Being stuck on ADSL and having no access to fibre for the foreseeable future is a pain. And I live in a large city, not out in the sticks, so quite frankly it's an embarrassment too. We're supposed to be a 1st World country.

Yup, I can understand rural areas to some degree, but in cities it's a joke. In a flat I used to rent we were restricted to ADSL because a port under the street was blocked so they couldn't poke the fibre line through. Neither Virgin or BT were interested in rectifying so it was pay to have the street dug up with the councils permission, or lump it! Shame as well as I'd love to live in the country, but good connectivity is a lottery at the moment.

Could be worse, im currently in the desert with work on a remote site. satellite internet only it has taken 3 days to download the patch for Shadow of War and it was only 5gb.
It better be finished by tomorrow so i can spend by day of playing or im going to be very bored

Very true, it is a first world problem, you've probably got a better connection there than some places in the UK!

Had the Xbox on for 4 hours last night. Managed to get to 52%, multiplayer still locked off. Campaign was available after a few %.

Back
Top Bottom