What's the ¬ key for?

Zip said:
How about Scroll lock? What the hell does that do other then turn the little light on? :confused:
It used to make a big difference in programming (scrolling the screen rather than moving the cursor) and it helps in Excel too.

Gilly said:
It used to make a big difference in programming (scrolling the screen rather than moving the cursor) and it helps in Excel too.

Looks like ill never need to use it then :p

While im here what is this for apart from some web addresses? ~

Gilly said:
Its called a caret and is used in proofreading when someone believes a word or comment should be added.
I think there's a way to put it above a letter too (holding Alt, or something like that...) as some languages use it to change the pronunciation of a letter, and it's used in lots of maths and physics literature.

How about these other then being used in Clan Names [ ]? :confused:

Most people use {these} or (these) to put words inside but not [these] unless its a clan name

Arcade Fire said:
I think there's a way to put it above a letter too (holding Alt, or something like that...) as some languages use it to change the pronunciation of a letter, and it's used in lots of maths and physics literature.
Aye :)

Can't remember the Unicode/Ascii codes. I used to know most of them by heart.

Zip said:
How about these other then being used in Clan Names [ ]? :confused:
These are also used in proofreading. a [ means move this bit right, a ] means move this bit left. They're also used when quoting someone to indicate that the author of the quote, not the quoted person, said what is contained within the square parenthesis :)

Back
Top Bottom