What’s the longest non-stop flight you’ve taken - distance or time?

Soldato
9hrs to DFW then a connecting flight to LAX for another 3 hours. Economy. Not pleasant. People were queueing for the toilets not so much because they wanted to go I think it was just an excuse to escape their seats for a bit and the stewardesses trying their best to shoo everyone back into them

Last edited:
Associate
4hrs is longhaul for me, I mostly hate flying. Nice weather I like, but any minor turbulence, it's lost my vote. I thought i'd get over it with more traveling but it seems to have gotten worse.

Associate
My longest flight was from London to Vancouver but the most uncomfortable was 7.35 hours from Lossiemouth to Bermuda as I was strapped into a Martin Baker Ejection seat in the back of a Buccaneer! God my butt was sore by the time we reached Bermuda. Two lots of Air-to-Air refuelling as well.

Associate
London to Singapore - 13 hours - final leg of the journey after a 30 min stop off in Singapore was the another 3.5 hours to Hong Kong.
Not the most fun way to spend the best part of a day as it was all in economy, but at least it was Singapore airlines so a nicer carrier.

Soldato
Nice weather I like, but any minor turbulence, it's lost my vote. I thought i'd get over it with more traveling but it seems to have gotten worse.

Was flying to Aruba one time and hit bad turbulence and the plane literally dropped for a few seconds. I was near the back and the flight attendant who was sitting down on a jump seat flew in the air, hit the ceiling and dropped to the floor and knackered her wrist, all the food and drink sitting on the side went everywhere.

Ive experienced turbulence before but never where the plane falls from the sky, was quite an experience. Its a good job I always fly with my lap belt on

Last edited:
Associate
MAN via LHR to Singapore 15hrs including transfer, was in Premium but still couldn't sleep even though it was an A380

Next longest Atlanta to MAN 10Hrs

Back in the mid 90s we went to Orlando on a package holiday with 757, it had to refuel in Canada first. Can't remember the flight time but it seems to take ages

Soldato
Heathrow to O'Hare & back. That was 17 years ago. I've flown about 3 times since, last time was 9 years ago. I'm not keen on flying these days, I don't like waiting around airports much. I think my last flight (with Ryanair) put me off.

Back
Top Bottom