What's the multiplayer FPS I need?

Soldato
PUBG, but it's battle royale so.....

I didn't like those games either until I started to play this. The level of skill now is insane though and you'll thnk everyone is cheating.

It's cheap, I got my key for like £14, and I've put over 1500+ hours.

Associate
Has anyone played Lemni's Gate? It only came out yesterday and is on Game pass. It's described as a turn based FPS. I watched one video and installed it ready to play later - looks great and different to anything else out there. Might be worth a look if you're wanting to scratch that FPS itch with something a bit different.

Soldato
Another oldskool UT fan here with a recommendation for Splitgate. Me and a few guys on my team play together in our lunchbreaks most days, good fun!

The only caveat is that auto-aim on controller is pretty broken, to the point that if you end up against a whole team of decent controller players you'll probably end up getting slaughtered :/

Caporegime
OP
Quick update: thanks to all who recommended Splitgate. I am having a ton of fun with this and it's definitely scratching the UT/Quake itch I had. Some of the additional game types - and there are lots for newbs like me - are a bit hit and miss (not a huge fan of the 'one in the chamber' or whatever, and the zombie/survivor game type) but love that they're stretching out what is traditionally done with this type of game.

Still got my eye on Halo Infinite but Splitgate is fragalicious so far :D

Soldato
After the recommendations here I downloaded splitgate - it's good fun!

How do I play CTF? I need to fill the gap left by UT99...

If you do quick match it should be there for you to pick.

Quick update: thanks to all who recommended Splitgate. I am having a ton of fun with this and it's definitely scratching the UT/Quake itch I had. Some of the additional game types - and there are lots for newbs like me - are a bit hit and miss (not a huge fan of the 'one in the chamber' or whatever, and the zombie/survivor game type) but love that they're stretching out what is traditionally done with this type of game.

Still got my eye on Halo Infinite but Splitgate is fragalicious so far :D

I played 2 rounds of Halo Infinite Testflight but I'd be lying if I said it played or felt as tight as Splitgate.

Considering it's free, they've made something special

Back
Top Bottom