• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What's the procedure for updating your GPU from Nvidia to AMD?

Associate
No its not locked for benching i went up to 1250mv, these dont seem to go over 63-65c with those 3 fans. I just wanted to see how high i could go on stock which is good enough for me.

Soldato
borley said:
No its not locked for benching i went up to 1250mv, these dont seem to go over 63-65c with those 3 fans. I just wanted to see how high i could go on stock which is good enough for me.
That's awesome, how long have you had the card? Later revisions supposed to be voltage locked, but not a big deal.

Associate
That's awesome, how long have you had the card? Later revisions supposed to be voltage locked, but not a big deal.

not to sure how long,longer than4-5 months, this is the 1000mhz core version i think theres a stock 925mhz stock from gigabyte not sure.
Thats weird went to OCUK and theres no Gigabyte 7970 listed! not even in the drop down manuafactor, have they run out or not selling anymore?.

Last edited:
Soldato
borley said:
not to sure how long,longer than4-5 months, this is the 1000mhz core version i think theres a stock 925mhz stock from gigabyte not sure.
Yeah, for anyones that are voltage locked, might be worth trying out the various BIOS on Techpowerup for these cards, their is an F1, also an F2 which is listed on the Techpowerup website.

Do you know which BIOS yours has?

Associate
Yeah, for anyones that are voltage locked, might be worth trying out the various BIOS on Techpowerup for these cards, their is an F1, also an F2 which is listed on the Techpowerup website.

Do you know which BIOS yours has?

no idea i mucked about with the bios at one stage as you have 2 but went back. I mean if the voltage is locked at 1174mv you might get a good OC anyway, i know reference cards have lower stock voltage.

Soldato
on the subject of non-destructive installs as we're calling them:

I can advise that you do not use a generalise sysprep to move from z77 back to z68, especially when you've set custom drive letters.

IT RUINS EVERYTHING @_@

Permabanned
Well people said i was having driver issues since it artifacted on desktop and in games, some drivers better then others especially skyrim but it still artifacted.

Ive not reinstalled my 285 with AMD drivers still on the computer and have no problems at all, i have CCC open and still no problems, i cant force any driver problems with the 285 so unless Nvidia shield from AMD but attack AMD cards with remnants of there software i dont think you should have any problems.

The main thing you need to do is uninstall from add and remove programs that will remove the display drivers which is the main thing that could corrupt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom