Whats the RPM on the 120MM Fan that comes with the TTBTyphoon ?

Soldato
Some thing is seriously wrong with my system at the moment.

with my X2 4400+ @2.6ghz

and when both cores are running 100% each the temps go way up to
66c :o

i read somewhere that anywhere up there is damageing the X2 cpu.

so my question is i thought these TTBT HSF`s where the best Air Cooling HSF`s out there at the moment...

the fans rpm shows 1339RPM in SmartGuardian.

i read on the thermaltake site that the RPM should be maxing out at Fan Speed
1300 ±10% RPM, i guess that speed is correct then so why am i getting such crap performance from this HSF

the motherboard i have is a DFI LP NF4 Sli-DR board and i had to remove the backing plate becuse the screws wouldnt fit the normal way im just wondering if i mounted it correctly now as i dont think this is the performance its ment to give....

Soldato
Whats your voltage????

RPM sounds right :confused:

The X2's are hot cpu's but im wondering if youve either got contact issues with the IHS or the IHS has bad contact with the core.

You could try sticking a Panaflo L1 or M1 fan on it which will give you better cfm at near silent db's.

My guess is it's contact though.

Associate
Mine also does 1339RPM at 100%. The difference is my x2 3800+ idles at 47 and loads at 54, and I've also worked out the CPU temperature sensors are giving really wrong values (probably idles around 33 and loads at 39). So I think yours needs re-seating

Don
What voltage are you using to run at 2.6GHz? To be honest, X2s get very hot at full load.

My X2 reaches about 62C at 2.7GHz and 1.475V when running S&M, and that's with the IHS off.

Jokester

Soldato
OP
Cpu Core : 1.41v
i know my cpu does about 2.7-2.75 but i dread going up there with the temps that its currently running at lol

the system is completely stable but i definatly dont want to be over 60c on full load

i think the contact on the HSF isnt right flush with the cpu....

here is an example if i stick out my finger and press up at the bottom of the fan the hole hsf with very little ease with slide up the cpu lol and when i let go it will automaticly slide back down the cpu ROTF.....

its just its dam hard to corectly fit these things :o there isnt any guides out there either to fit these to DFI LP NF4 Boards :/

Associate
It has to be really really tight. To get mine as tight as it could be, I pushed down on one end of the bracket and tightened the nut a small bit, then pushed down on the other end and tightened that nut a small bit. I just kept doing that until the bracket started to bend. This of course was with the motherboardo out of the case, as it would probably be impossible to tighten it up any further with it still in the case.

Soldato
Eliminos said:
It has to be really really tight. To get mine as tight as it could be, I pushed down on one end of the bracket and tightened the nut a small bit, then pushed down on the other end and tightened that nut a small bit. I just kept doing that until the bracket started to bend. This of course was with the motherboardo out of the case, as it would probably be impossible to tighten it up any further with it still in the case.

Thats how i did mine too :D

Soldato
OP
Well looks like im back to normal now :p

i reseated the HSF and followed what you guys said about tightning it untill the metal bracket started to bend lol

now when i booted up im idleing at 32c and maxloading at 47c
way way better than my previous 67c max load and 42c idleing lol

also used fresh slither of artic silver 5

what i did though was i didnt even have to remove the mobo hehe i placed the HSF down on the cpu then i put a nut on one side and tightened it untill the bracket started to lift off to one side then what i did was pressed the other side hard untill it started to bend and then i tightened the nut :p

works a charm....

thanks again guys for your unholy support. :) peice.

now im back at my 2.65ghz with 1.423v or something like that hehe, when the artic silver after 200 hours phazes into the core correctly i will get even better load temps + i might try and shoot for my 2.7ghz spot again hehe :p

Back
Top Bottom