What's this like for car servicing charge?

Associate
Hi all,

as usual, I'm a moron when it comes to these things, happy with a car that goes from A to B and frankly I need to learn more maintenance skills but the usual excuse of time etc...

I'm curious if this is sensible enough for a service charge, the synthetic oil charge stands out to me as hefty and something I could potentially just sort myself...but would the oil keep considering we've only one car? Screenwash is a right joke but I'll let that one slide as I think I forgot to top up beforehand.

Basically just looking to eliminate stupid wasting of money if I can sort it myself easily enough and in general if the base service price seems okay. The vehicle is a Hyundai i20 2013 (1.2L)

service = 96
Filter air cleaner = 11.48
Brake fluid DOT4 = 2.23
Oil filter = 8.93
gasket-oil plug = 0.72
5W30 Fully synthetic oil = 34.99
Screenwash = 2.16
Total = 156.51

https://imgur.com/jatZwlB

jatZwlB.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That is both cheap and sort of honest, did the car need the wash fluid and brake fluid toped up?

I forgot to get to the screenwash beforehand so happy to accept my own stupidity there, no idea about brake fluid as it isn't something I've done. Thank you all for the comments, didn't think it was too bad, I suspected oil might have been dodgy but glad to hear it's fair enough. Sounds like I've nothing to whinge about, just wanted a sanity check as I've no idea about such things.

Back
Top Bottom