PSU: OCZ StealthXStream II 700W
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
Cooling: Prolimatech Megahalems Rev C CPU Cooler
HDD(s): Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
RAM: Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel
Keyboard: Cyborg v7
Mouse: Cyborg RAT 5
Wheel: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Monitors: (x3 Nvidia Surround) Fujitsu L22T-3 22" LED Monitor (meaning a resolution of 5760x1080)
Speaker System: Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset

I bought the Ultima Hydrophobia package from overclockers back in 2010, and have added to it.

Last night I added the 2nd GTX 560 Ti and 3 monitors. While playing GTA 4, my pc cut out, then a few seconds later restarted.
Do I need better cooling or a new PSU?
My first card after playing CSS for 5 mins was running at 70 degrees.
The first card now idles at 45 degree and the new card idles at 30.

Associate
The first card has its fans blocked by the 2nd card probably as the motherboard doesn't leave enough space between the slots, just a single other slot in between the 2 your cards are in as oposed to 2 slots that quite a few boards have now because of this problem. Try adding fan(s) that blow into what gap there is between the cards either from the front of the case or the side if it has a vent there. It can be completely overcome by watercooling and could be much quieter as well depending what setup you go for. If your not interested in a watercooling loop then a different motherboard that would leave a gap between the cards would probably be cheaper anyway. All this of course is assuming the high temps on the first card are causing the issue, but it may not be at all. I wouldn't expect any stability issues at anything under 80c on a relatively new card, though that would likely reduce the lifespan.

Last edited:
Soldato
have you tried running just the new card on its own ?

might want to check the spec's of the psu against the requirement for the graphic cards.

try running with the side panel off to see if it helps with temps.

as per Trofeo, if have a rear case fan on the system, put the case on its side, take the side panel off, detach the rear fan from the case and lie it on the top of the graphics card pointing the air flow towards the gap between the 2 cards and see how it runs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom