What's your favourite Baguette and where from?

Associate
OP
I might be the only one here but I can easily gobble a massive cheese topped baguette from the Supermarket by itself, without any topping right out of the bag.

Now thats what I call a hungry guy, but no salad?

Also what sort of Baguette would I be choosing to use to hit a big proportion of baguette eaters?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Selling fresh baggiets is such a good idea. One store in Bristol always has loads of workers in buying.

Personally chicken tikka and lettuce, coronation chicken and lettuce (easy on the fruit, so many places over do it) and roast beef, caramelised onions and horseraddish.

Associate
I work around the corner from some great roll shops, I think my favourite would have to be a turkey, brie, spinach and tomato baguette. Tastes fantastic.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
My two favourites are chicken, bacon and avocado, and brie, bacon and cranberry. The problem with most bacon in sandwiches though is that the fat is often copious and not crispy, which is why I rarely buy from shops.

Soldato
Had an amazing baguette in spain while i was on holiday.

Tuna, mayo, roasted pimento peppers and anchovies. It is now becoming my staple lunchtime snack for work.

I'm also partial to bacon and avacado, but the bacon MUST be crispy! If you ever find yourself in Kingston Upon Thames go to a little sandwich shop called The Terrace, they make the perfect sandwiches.

Last edited:
Associate
In Keswick this year, I had a couple of lovely warm meatball baguettes, with melted mouse-hole cheese and a choice of BBQ sauce or tomato relish on. The meatballs were pretty small, and were just right to sit in the baguette slit.

Man, I want one of those now.

Soldato
Favourites from various places are:

Goats cheese, onion chutney and tomato,
Mozzarella, pesto and rocket,
Feta, red onion and tzatziki,
Cheese and pickle,
Egg Mayo.

Soldato
Tiger Baguette (fresh if poss otherwise tesco)
German Salami Platter (Tesco)
Hellmans Mayo with Pesto
Mediterranean Style Salad (any supermarket)
Anchor Butter (got to be butter nothing else tastes right on baguette)
Salt
Pepper

nom !!

Back
Top Bottom