When are you going fully electric?

I have no idea why people are guessing at brake by wire. It’s a blending braking system. You can override the e booster with mechanical force on the pedal to pressure the brake system like any other car. Just the assistance is a lot less.

A car at full power isn’t getting kissed to a stop by a police car either.

100mph was suspicious. It would be slowing down or bouncing at 124mph.

Pretty sure the police aren't making it up lol. The ones which randomly launched themselves in to nearby houses and cars were definitely damaged...
Eh ? You read the daily mail too much. Where are these cars launching into houses? Usually it’s driver error when they don’t realise the car is on and stand on the accelerator Like that taycan that ended up on the roof of a car.

Where are these ipaces that launched it into a house? The JLR hate from you is pretty tedious. And you drive a lotus right ????

Eh ? You read the daily mail too much. Where are these cars launching into houses? Usually it’s driver error when they don’t realise the car is on and stand on the accelerator Like that taycan that ended up on the roof of a car.

Where are these ipaces that launched it into a house? The JLR hate from you is pretty tedious. And you drive a lotus right ????

Quite a few posts (and YouTube footage) on owners forums of unintended acceleration from I-Pace specifically if you actually bother to look it up.

Last edited:
lol at that video.... That was less than an ideal situation :D .

Joking aside that scenario is exactly why i barely used cruise control on my old car which didnt have adaptive cruise or emergency breaking. i always worried in a split second emergency when i was resting my foot i would slam down on the clutch or accelerator.

While we are speculating can I throw in that he got flashed by a speed camera and thought... "I know how I can get out of this...".
Could be - but I'd rather wait for the investigation before jumping to any conclusions.

I've had brake runaway before - my own dumbass fault though, a can of drink rolled from under the seat to beneath the pedal without me realising. It's pretty terrifying coming up to a junction and suddenly the pedal won't move. Luckily that car had a manual handbrake.

But, for a prolonged period on a motorway? I don't know - first thought would be to put it into neutral, failing that off.

Quite a few posts on owners forums of unintended acceleration if you actually bother to look it up.
i am sure i read somewhere that the vast majority of the time that is when the driver has had adaptive cruise on and not thought to disable it, they are driving behind a car which then pulls off leaving them potentially in a 30mph area but the car still set to 60/70mph on the cruise control which then leads to the car deciding to stretch its legs.

i can attest that i have done that myself, however that is a problem with the driver not the car imo

Last edited:
i am sure i read somewhere that the vast majority of the time that is when the driver has had adaptive cruise on and not thought to disable it, they are driving behind a car which then pulls off leaving them potentially in a 30mph area but the car still set to 60mph on the cruise control which then leads to the car deciding to stretch its legs.

i can attest that i have done that myself, however that is a problem with the driver not the car imo

Well one of them was inside a garage. Went full throttle in to a wall while creeping forward. When a mechanic tried to reverse, it did it again.

Well one of them was inside a garage. Went full throttle in to a wall while creeping forward. When a mechanic tried to reverse, it did it again.
that is scary if true............. and maybe it is true, but my gut feeling is the simplest explanation is sometimes the obvious one. the mechanic ballsed up and smacked the car into a wall, or it had creep set with an auto box and he thought oh hell! how am i gonna explain this one to the customer..................................... thats it, the car did it!.

but that said, i am not saying these things dont happen....... cars sometimes do fail, just like brake cables can fail, or bolts can shear leading to your steering failing and what not.

its not an EV issue however some people really do love to conflate the 2.

Last edited:
Could be - but I'd rather wait for the investigation before jumping to any conclusions.

I've had brake runaway before - my own dumbass fault though, a can of drink rolled from under the seat to beneath the pedal without me realising. It's pretty terrifying coming up to a junction and suddenly the pedal won't move. Luckily that car had a manual handbrake.

But, for a prolonged period on a motorway? I don't know - first thought would be to put it into neutral, failing that off.
Yeah that comment needed an emoji as I was only joking. Be ironic if that ended up being the case!

I'll never forget my grandad pulling over at the side of the road randomly. We were following behind and my dad jumped out "what's up?" "My brakes have gone, pedal is rock hard." Dad walks over and comes back 30 seconds later shaking his head. One of his dogs rubber balls had rolled into the footwell and wedged under the pedal :eek:

that is scary if true............. and maybe it is true, but my gut feeling is the simplest explanation is sometimes the obvious one. the mechanic ballsed up and smacked the car into a wall and thought oh hell! how am i gonna explain this one to the customer..................................... thats it, the car did it!.

Maybe I missed a detail, the owner went in to the wall while driving in. The mechanic was the one who tried to reverse. So did the same for two people.

New poster, lack of detail, no pictures, no follow up, hasn't even been on that forum since the day after they posted the thread.

Sounds legit.

Conspiracy theory - Nasher is posting these stories on iPace forums so he can reference them later on here.

Maybe I missed a detail, the owner went in to the wall while driving in. The mechanic was the one who tried to reverse. So did the same for two people.
like i said it does happen sadly. Actor Anton Yelchin - (possibly butchered spelling - chekov in star trek reboot) was crushed by his ........... jeep i think it was, when it somehow engaged drive and pinned him to his gate, crushing him.

While we are speculating can I throw in that he got flashed by a speed camera and thought... "I know how I can get out of this...".

I'm also speculating that it was this guy behind the wheel https://youtu.be/S2MhF3SFF-4?si=QsAskaSiFBA4l6SN

I'm sure I'll get shot for this but... the Dacia Spring in top spec actually looks like a decent little run around.

He was on the owners forum, wanted out of his finance deal after about 7 months or something so has been doing weird stuff apparently, allegedly, without prejudice.

This is the bit that gets me. He wasnt arrested straight away as a matter of course. It was only after the Police has investigated that he was arrested. That was after a week. So something must be showing up as "odd". I am sure I saw elsewhere it was stated the Police had arrested him after receiving information from JLR

In a statement yesterday, Merseyside Police said: “We can confirm that following an investigation, a man has been arrested in relation to an incident on the M62 on Wednesday 6 March when officers from the force’s Roads Policing Unit were called to help stop a vehicle safely.

“An investigation, supported by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), is underway and a 31-year-old man from Bolton has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and causing a public nuisance.

“He has been taken into police custody to be questioned.”

Quite a few posts (and YouTube footage) on owners forums of unintended acceleration from I-Pace specifically if you actually bother to look it up.
Show me you source, the idea you prowl the internet like jpaul does looking for absolutley chunder that suits your narrative is beyond bizarre.

The onus of proof is on you. Its the defacto EV thing, same with Taycan, the truth is the throttle response os these cars just gives less room for driver error and hence the excuses come out with people who dont comprehend what really happened. A bit like you Nasher, being the self appointed authority as you know how to use GoogleMash before you even use the search engine.

Everytime you do it, dont worry, we are here to call you out on it. FUD.

Back
Top Bottom